photo prices

8 hours ago, Matt said:

8x10 photos usually are $19.99 per photo.

You can purchase photo packages to bring down per-photo cost.  You can check the Cruise Planner for example

Hey Matt ... maybe I'm just too cheap or I've been spoiled by Disney's PhotoPass/Memory Maker, but I find these prices ($120 for 10 prints?) are too much. Also, I would much rather just have digital copies than prints. On my cruise last March I posed for a few photos, but when I went to take a look at them and saw the prices, I just walked away. Is it just me? 

Thanks!

12 hours ago, Nora said:

Hey Matt ... maybe I'm just too cheap or I've been spoiled by Disney's PhotoPass/Memory Maker, but I find these prices ($120 for 10 prints?) are too much. Also, I would much rather just have digital copies than prints. On my cruise last March I posed for a few photos, but when I went to take a look at them and saw the prices, I just walked away. Is it just me? 

Thanks!

I have these options in my cruise planner..there is an PhotoPass/Memory Maker package that is offered for pre-purchase.  I've seen it show up on my cruise planner for previous sailings too for as low as $199..and some cruises it never shows at all.  You can find it under INTERNET & MORE on the cruise planner.

photo.thumb.jpg.9c4d6a895c1e1f5d9c02b55bb6ab11ad.jpg

12 hours ago, Nora said:

Thanks!

Yes, they are pricey. To be fair, Disney's Photopass used to be just like this in terms of pricing.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yes, they are pricey. To be fair, Disney's Photopass used to be just like this in terms of pricing.

Is there an option to download digital copies at all? Without that option, I don't see a value to getting this package. Maybe I'm just too much of a tech nerd, but seems to me that physical photo prints are going the way of the Dodo. When I get together with friends and we talk about our travels, we just show each other photos on our phones. The last time I printed photos was about three years ago when I went to London, and that was only to send to my 88-year-old uncle in New Jersey who doesn't know about computers.

See ya!

1 minute ago, Matt said:

On some sailings, yes. They'd offer a USB key to have them all downloaded to a USB key. 

That would be a good option. How do I find out if this will be available on my sailings?

You're a veritable fountain of knowledge, Matt!

I just finished a cruise and had the USB photo package. If you go to the photo gallery after you board then they give you a code which allows you to download the photos whilst you are on the ship at photos.rccl.com on your own device. I think you need voom. The photos were updated each morning. Alternatively you enter your email address and you can then download them for a month after your cruise. They didn’t offer me a USB stick. Was very happy with the way they ran it and photos were all amazing.

Is there a la carte digital downloading the same as if I bought a one-off print at $19.99? Surely they won't take enough pics of me to warrant an entire package! But if I just wanted 1-2 images would I have to find my old scanner to make them digital myself? 

32 minutes ago, DDaley said:

Is there a la carte digital downloading the same as if I bought a one-off print at $19.99?

No, the USB package encompasses all the photos you take. For $19.99, you can only get one print.

33 minutes ago, DDaley said:

But if I just wanted 1-2 images would I have to find my old scanner to make them digital myself? 

Pretty much, yes.