Dying to know....

12 days out and I still only have a guarantee!!  Arghhhhhh!    The overplanner in me is dying to know where my room is!! In other news...I badly sprained my ankle today.  Just saying...I’m never cleaning my house again if it leads to injury.  At least the xrays say I haven’t broken it.  Might need that drink pkg a ton to be able to walk Havana in 14 days!!   Jane 

I feel for you. A week before my recent cruise, that I was on the a month ago, I was outside with my dogs and turned to run up a hill when it felt like someone hit me in my calf with a baseball bat. I crawled back into the house and starting thinking how in the world can I take this cruise next week, amongst all the pain I was feeling. I was lucky that I had crutches from my wife's knee surgery two years before.

My calf muscle turned all kinds of cool-colors and I limped for a week but before the actual day of the trip I limped, but not too bad and I was able to make it. I had even gone so far as to ask my son if his passport was up-to-date which it was.  My next cruise I am thinking of bubble wrapping myself the week before the cruise as to not get hurt.

Hope it all works well for you.

Felt the same about the count down to set sail date with a guarantee cabin and not knowing.  Even not being able to print my luggage tags really bothered me.  AND my spreadsheet was in limbo.  ?   

Remember RICE for your ankle.  Rest.  Ice.  Compression. Elevation.  Wish you a speedy recovery!  Envious about 14 days; 7 months and 1 day for me.  Bob.

2 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

What’s the “over/under” on going to Havana in 14 days based on the new travel restrictions? Not sure how this will affect the cruise industry. 

Right now... Who knows.  It looks to me like we will be grandfathered in because we have already paid.  Royal is supposed to send emails tonight once they clarify.  If we don't do Havana we have to go somewhere out of the country since the only other stop is key West.  Jane

8 hours ago, Bob_KY said:

Felt the same about the count down to set sail date with a guarantee cabin and not knowing.  Even not being able to print my luggage tags really bothered me.  AND my spreadsheet was in limbo.  ?   

Remember RICE for your ankle.  Rest.  Ice.  Compression. Elevation.  Wish you a speedy recovery!  Envious about 14 days; 7 months and 1 day for me.  Bob.

The limbo is killing me!  As is the not knowing if we will be allowed to go to Cuba!  The ankle isn't broken at least... Resting as much as my job standing and working with kids is letting me!  Jane

9 hours ago, Tim B. said:

I feel for you. A week before my recent cruise, that I was on the a month ago, I was outside with my dogs and turned to run up a hill when it felt like someone hit me in my calf with a baseball bat. I crawled back into the house and starting thinking how in the world can I take this cruise next week, amongst all the pain I was feeling. I was lucky that I had crutches from my wife's knee surgery two years before.

My calf muscle turned all kinds of cool-colors and I limped for a week but before the actual day of the trip I limped, but not too bad and I was able to make it. I had even gone so far as to ask my son if his passport was up-to-date which it was.  My next cruise I am thinking of bubble wrapping myself the week before the cruise as to not get hurt.

Hope it all works well for you.

I'm glad you were able to go.  Bubble wrap is definitely an idea lol! Jane

1 hour ago, rjac said:

I bet I know where your room is.....on the ship. :3_grin:Seriously, please take it easy so your ankle can get better. :27_sunglasses:

The room is on the ship but the ship may not even be in Havana!!! Yikes.... Waiting for the royal email for clarification!  Hoping to ice the ankle after work tonight!!!!  Jane

3 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I hope there’s no impact as I have yet to visit Havana. 

You might want to book a refundable booking now, like today, before midnight.  

Travel plans made prior to June 5, 2019 are grandfathered.  

The only variable will be if the sail date you pick doesn't have critical mass for Royal they will likely swap Cuba with something else.