Harmony of the Seas July 21

Hi!

44 yo and this will be my first ever cruise (Harmony Jul 21-28)- Open to any advice and suggestions!

Also- are there message boards for a particular cruise in advance? I am taking my 9 yo daughter and would love to meet other kids going on the trip in advance (so we can avoid the awkward "checking you out" for three days process and she can have some friends to hang out with on day 1)

5 minutes ago, Hayzie said:

Hi!

44 yo and this will be my first ever cruise (Harmony Jul 21-28)- Open to any advice and suggestions!

Also- are there message boards for a particular cruise in advance? I am taking my 9 yo daughter and would love to meet other kids going on the trip in advance (so we can avoid the awkward "checking you out" for three days process and she can have some friends to hang out with on day 1)

Welcome to the forum!

If you are on Facebook, do a search for "Harmony of the seas July 21" - a page has likely been started for your sailing already. There will also probably be a roll call on Cruise Critic for your sailing (I personally have found the Facebook pages to be more useful/active than CC, but I suppose it can vary by sailing).

Also, you may want to alter this post so that the topic of your post is in the topic line, as opposed to your name, which doesn't let people know what the thread is about (therefore may just pass it by). Happy sailing!

1 minute ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Welcome to the forum!

If you are on Facebook, do a search for "Harmony of the seas July 21" - a page has likely been started for your sailing already. There will also probably be a roll call on Cruise Critic for your sailing (I personally have found the Facebook pages to be more useful/active than CC, but I suppose it can vary by sailing).

Also, you may want to alter this post so that the topic of your post is in the topic line, as opposed to your name, which doesn't let people know what the thread is about (therefore may just pass it by). Happy sailing!

So much help! Thank you (and I am 44 - OF COURSE I am on Facebook =)). Thanks again - topic updated!

Don't forget Adventure Ocean or whatever it is called now.  When my son was 5 through 17, he enjoyed the ship-sponsored youth programs.  That was great way for him to meet others.  Of course, at 17 he was more interested in girls.....but the teen groups worked for that as well.  He still corresponds with people he met on the ship.

I forgot to add some other tips from our recent Harmony cruise.  There is a briefing for 1st time Harmony cruisers held the afternoon you board but before the muster.

The WindJammer backs up, especially on day 1, because of the single-file line to handwashing stations (not sure why they don't go 2 x 2 as there are multiple stations).  So look at alternative venues if you don't want to wait.  The compass lists the hours of all of the eateries...

Don't overlook Central Park as a music venue in later afternoon and evening.  Other venues are very loud, but you feel like you're having a private concert in Central Park.

Have fun and enjoy the new technology on the ship...

17 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

There is a briefing for 1st time Harmony cruisers held the afternoon you board but before the muster.

This is the first mention I've seen of a 1st time Harmony cruiser briefing.  Do you know what's covered in this and/or how long it is?  I've done so much research that I'm not sure they'll cover anything I don't already know, but I don't want to miss anything important!

go to the top of this page and find the Cruise Compass. You then can select the ship ( Harmony ) and if you'll be on an Eastern or Western cruise. These are past Cruise Compass' so your sailing might be slightly different but it'll give you a good idea of what is offered. The briefing is usually about 1 or 2 pm the first day. 

My recollection of the briefing is that it covered the various venues on the ship - where everything was located.  It was an informative time-killer just before the muster.  You  had plenty of time to get something to drink and find your way to your muster station.