South Beach Cabanas

1 minute ago, tiny260 said:

The Coco Cay, Coco Beach Club and South Beach are not built yet and are not scheduled to be completed until December 2019 or January 2020, so there will not be much information out about them yet. 

Well, that makes sense! lol  Thanks so much!

As of right now, that whole side of the island is still open.  It contains regular loungers, bungalows, beach beds, and the clamshell things. This is based on pictures and videos that have been posted.  I’ll be there at the end of the month to confirm. Eventually some of this are will be taken out of service to begin construction of the Beach Club stuff.

10 minutes ago, StayFrosty said:

As of right now, that whole side of the island is still open.  It contains regular loungers, bungalows, beach beds, and the clamshell things. 

We were there in a bungalow last week. It was beautiful and not crowded at all. I did not see any regular loungers. I am guessing the ones @StayFrosty saw were just pulled out from under the clamshell. But there is nothing to stop anyone from using that beach. You'd just have to sit on your towel.

16 minutes ago, StayFrosty said:

As of right now, that whole side of the island is still open.  It contains regular loungers, bungalows, beach beds, and the clamshell things. This is based on pictures and videos that have been posted.  I’ll be there at the end of the month to confirm. Eventually some of this are will be taken out of service to begin construction of the Beach Club stuff.

Thank you!!

1 minute ago, Skid said:

We were there in a bungalow last week. It was beautiful and not crowded at all. I did not see any regular loungers. I am guessing the ones @StayFrosty saw were just pulled out from under the clamshell. But there is nothing to stop anyone from using that beach. You'd just have to sit on your towel.

Awesome, thank you!

2 hours ago, Skid said:

I think it depends on what you classify as South Beach.  I think the definition is a little vague. I was using it in its broadest sense to include that whole side of the island.  

29 minutes ago, StayFrosty said:

I think it depends on what you classify as South Beach.  I think the definition is a little vague. I was using it in its broadest sense to include that whole side of the island.  

aah, yes....now that you mention that, I walked along the beach from the beach bed, bungalow and clamshell lounger areas to the Oasis pool (my goodness that pool is huge!!) and that whole stretch is probably South Beach. Good call.