My Time Dining Reservations

GatorGal

Hi all,

First time posting, but I've been reading along for the past 6 weeks or so, since I discovered this site. We are going on Allure July 14-21. I got an email the other day that My Time Dining Reservations were available. I went to make some this morning but it's only late times available. In your experiences, will we be able to get  7pm-ish reservations when we get on the ship, or are we now going to be stuck eating at 8:30 p.m. every night? Thanks for the advice!

The MTD reservations have probably been open for 9+ months.  Go first thing to the desk to make reservations on board and there are several desks open for MTD reservations.  Hopefully they some earlier reservations that they have held back.  Just an FYI, there are typically no 7 pm reservations.  I typically have not seen reservations between 6:45-7:15 due to table cleaning/turnover.  

7 hours ago, GatorGal said:

Hi all,

First time posting, but I've been reading along for the past 6 weeks or so, since I discovered this site. We are going on Allure July 14-21. I got an email the other day that My Time Dining Reservations were available. I went to make some this morning but it's only late times available. In your experiences, will we be able to get  7pm-ish reservations when we get on the ship, or are we now going to be stuck eating at 8:30 p.m. every night? Thanks for the advice!

As @melski94stated, MTD reservations for your cruise probably have been open for a long time and you just got a "reminder" e-mail because you hadn't made reservations yet. MTD reservations just opened recently for our cruise in Oct 2020. Good luck securing your times. Enjoy your cruise!

Guest toodle68

On our last cruise I had booked 6:15 for mtd. When I looked at my cal months later it said ‘at your leisure’  I went back and forth with RC on it if i actually had 6:15. When we went down the first night there were no tables in the mtd area and we ended up in the main area. 

27 minutes ago, toodle68 said:

On our last cruise I had booked 6:15 for mtd. When I looked at my cal months later it said ‘at your leisure’  I went back and forth with RC on it if i actually had 6:15. When we went down the first night there were no tables in the mtd area and we ended up in the main area. 

The cruise planner calendar always says "at your leisure" after you make reservations.  If you go into your order history, your time will be shown.  You can also request an email confirmation from an RC rep over the phone.  The first night is always crazy and once I had to wait 45 minutes for my reservation.  That has only happened once over 6 cruises and I learned to show up 15 minutes earlier and send my husband to the bar on the first night.

1 hour ago, FManke said:

As @melski94stated, MTD reservations for your cruise probably have been open for a long time and you just got a "reminder" e-mail because you hadn't made reservations yet. MTD reservations just opened recently for our cruise in Oct 2020. Good luck securing your times. Enjoy your cruise!

I also received a reminder email to make MTD reservations last week for my July 1st cruise which then had me double checking that I had made reservations.  Sure enough I did make reservations several months ago!  Must be a new automatic email similar to the reminder to check in after I printed my set sail pass!

3 minutes ago, lindylooj said:

First time on RCI cruising.  Am on my time but do I have to book everyday to eat on MDR or can I just turn up when I fancy eating?  Used to P&O freedom dining and thought this was the same but see people talking about booking time slots.

Yes, you can just show up.  They will have a 2 lines for My Time Dining, one for reservations and ones for without.  It's just like eating at a restaurant on land; reservations will get priority for seating during their scheduled time.

2 hours ago, lindylooj said:

Thank you so much for clarifying I was getting confused with it all.  Can we book a different time everytime on the day or do we prebook before we leave?

You can go into your cruise planner and book anything ahead of time if you know for sure that you're going to want to eat at a certain time.  You can select a specific time for each day and it doesn't have to be the sametime! Otherwise you can wait until you get onboard..then just go to the dining room and book what you are sure of then.  You can even make reservations the day of for a particular time that evening if you're worried about waiting.

2 hours ago, lindylooj said:

Thank you so much for clarifying I was getting confused with it all.  Can we book a different time everytime on the day or do we prebook before we leave?

Either way works!  If you go into your cruise planner, under the dining options, you can make My Time reservations for each day of your cruise.  Depending on when you are booked, you may find that the options aren't there yet (if your cruise is far in the future), ready for booking with lots of times available, or you'll find that there aren't many times available at all (your cruise is soon or lots of other passengers have already noticed booking was available).  Don't worry if you can't get the times you want now.  Once you board, they have flexibility to adjust reservations.  They don't book every table in advance and there are plenty of people who will want to change times once they see the actual schedule of entertainment.

Another thing to not be worried about.  After booking, you may find that your reservation shows up in your calendar as "at your leisure" instead of at your reservation time.  That's a normal (and annoying) quirk of the website.

15 hours ago, kuruczpa said:

Where on the cruise planner do you go to select your MTD reservation time? 

Click on the Dining tab (ignore the drop down and click on the word DINING).

Scroll down a little bit and you will see:

dining.thumb.jpg.d465c2472e28b1c95a70024af4721c3f.jpg

Click on PLAN ALL CRUISE DINING and it will bring up the scheduler.  Note, My Time Dining is listed waaaaay at the bottom of the list of restaurant choices.