Perfect Day Cabana Question

DChapetta

I am seeing Cabanas on South Beach, Oasis Lagoon, and Chill Island available for my upcoming cruise. 

Is there really a difference between them, other than location? Also, why is the South Beach one $50 cheaper, it looks like a quieter location. 

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

On South Beach, I think you are seeing bungalows and not cabanas. It's a somewhat minor distinction, but worth noting the difference.

On 6/2/2019 at 9:48 PM, DChapetta said:

Is there really a difference between them, other than location?

I have photos of the Chill Island, Oasis Lagoon and Thrill waterpark cabanas here: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2019/05/18/navigator-of-the-seas-live-blog-day-2-perfect-day-cococay

The primary differences are location (obviously) and the cabana structure itself. Chill Island has the most robust/elaborate cabana structure, Oasis Lagoon is still a lovely wooden structure and Thrill Waterpark cabanas are more of a tent in structure.

I think it boils down to the question of do you want to spend more time at the beach, pool or waterpark.

Hi DChapetta, I am getting the Chill Island Cabana & will be there on Monday. I wanted to mention that customer service finally got back to me on the stated ameneties/highlights indicated for the Chill Island cabanas. The speaker, is by request only and it did not sound like they had enough for each cabana. The “combination locking lid” does not exist. The attendant to replenish your water bottles, does not exist, you get 8 bottles in a cooler handed to you. And  from reading this blog ,  there is not a cabana attendant making rounds at all. I ended up getting $ for the misrepresentation. Wanted to mention if you are factoring in any of the stat d highlights from the cruise planner. I did get an email that the cabana will have two matt floaties, and snorkel gear upon request. 

9 hours ago, RTripp said:

Hi DChapetta, I am getting the Chill Island Cabana & will be there on Monday. I wanted to mention that customer service finally got back to me on the stated ameneties/highlights indicated for the Chill Island cabanas. The speaker, is by request only and it did not sound like they had enough for each cabana. The “combination locking lid” does not exist. The attendant to replenish your water bottles, does not exist, you get 8 bottles in a cooler handed to you. And  from reading this blog ,  there is not a cabana attendant making rounds at all. I ended up getting $ for the misrepresentation. Wanted to mention if you are factoring in any of the stat d highlights from the cruise planner. I did get an email that the cabana will have two matt floaties, and snorkel gear upon request. 

We had a Chill Island Cabana last week. First they seem to have rebuilt and added six new ones - total of 20. The decks attached to cabana are gone on all of them I think, but I didn't do a close inspection of each - just those we passed.

I had some trouble accessing the cabanas. One thing I noted the older pics had steps and were easier to get in and out of. These were a bit of a challenge even for the young attendant. Had to pull one's self up.  Others looked to lower and not such a problem. 

Some had USB charging and ceiling fans, but not all. We had a couch, two chairs and 4 loungers plus two floating mats. There was a cooler with water and a "toy"chest as well.

We did have a cabana attendant(I spotted three covering all 20 cabanas). She brought drinks and food and generally checked in on us. (Jorese was her name)

No speaker, no locking lid, but we had a camera and two tablets - no one bothered them.

Hi ChrisTheDBA, thank you so much for this information. Do you or anyone else have the cabana numbers  with fans, or with the USB? .. hi all back from HOTS , visited CocoCay on Monday. Water too cold to get into, it rained & cooled everything off, great to walk around but not to get into water till about 2 pm ( ship left at four so had to leave at 3:30).  Chill island Cabana #10 is next to rocks on the farthest end, backs where  docks / waverunner area is ( did not smell like fuel, yeah).  absolutely NO option to choose your cabana. I had a wheelchair /mobility issues& second in line for Day one at excursion desk to pick location. They assign before hand and you cannot change for any reason i started crying, they dont care and did not try to offer assistance in concerns. #1 thru10 are the “front” locations with #10 being on the far end next to the rocks( mine of course farthest away from sidewalk / bathrooms sodas bar area). #11 thru 20 are the “back”, but ALLhad a great view and were staggered enough to NOT block eachother’s views. I did NOTget bothered by any birds, maybe noone was feeding the birds, so no birds?  #10 had electrical outlet, celing fan, 6 towels, big round cooler filled with ice and 8 evian water bottles. Cabana person took drink orders and took a long time. 2 floaty matts, & then 2 snorkle gear if requested. NO special menue, you ate when/ what everyone else ate on the island.  I saw lockers behind excursion desk behind cabana #1. We had 27 friends, only told 8 can come(wrist vands given as passed by cabana desk) but i think friends could have come & gone as long as respectful & quiet since paid a HUGE amount of money to have a cabana. Cabana person did NOT want to bring food, only drinks about once an hour. She did suprise us with deserts maybe since we were tipping her so well? Lounger  on back wall could sit 3 people,  chalkboard to write notes to eachother, 2 comfy fat chairs, wood chest flip up lid (size of two microwaves stacked on top of eachother). Wood floor and wood slated walls, no way to hang hooks. One step down and two full laydown loungers. Ceiling was good roof that kept rain out & we had a celling fan worked via electrical switch. The cooler lid lifted up & locked raised so you could reach into ice, while items on top stayed put on top. ** bring koozies, to keep waters/ beer bottles cold. Other cabanas did get food brought to them, we talked our person into getting us a burger. Bring your own speaker & dont rely on RC’s promised speaker to be provided.  I got $100 back before we even left port since RC could not provide me pictures of an outlet or the promised locking combination lid. Very shallow way out, so was good for making sand castles for kids. 

Edited by RTripp
Back from tripp.