Requesting a specific genie

8 minutes ago, RazorbackIslandGirl said:

This will be our 2nd time in SC. I am wondering if you can request the same genie or is that frowned upon? She was wonderful & we just fell in love with her. I certainly don't want to offend anyone! Has anyone done this?

I’ve heard of others doing it and sometimes it’ll be honored but other times it won’t. 

Thank you Andrew! Do you by any chance know who we would address for this request? I really have no idea where to start. I would rather not wait until one is assigned & then say, "We don't want you".? I thought about contacting our first genie directly but have no idea if the email would reach her or if she would respond. I know they are crazy busy & don't want to be a bother!

Just now, RazorbackIslandGirl said:

Thank you Andrew! Do you by any chance know who we would address for this request? I really have no idea where to start. I would rather not wait until one is assigned & then say, "We don't want you".? I thought about contacting our first genie directly but have no idea if the email would reach her or if she would respond. I know they are crazy busy & don't want to be a bother!

Best case scenario for requesting a Genie is if you actually know someone on board who can do it for you.  If not I would take the following steps: Name the Genie on your Pre-cruise survey that comes out about 8 weeks prior then contact the suite concierge via email and see if they can connect with the Genie for you.  The official response is, "No, a Genie cannot be requested."  That being said, there have been many who have tried and had success and those that have not.  It's not guaranteed.

Thank you for your help! I will try starting with the suite concierge & if that doesn't work will try the survey as you suggested. I have read of others being underwhelmed with their genie & would be so disappointed if we were in that position! Part of me wants to roll the dice & try someone new (possibly even better) but, my fear of disappointment is overwhelming.

9 minutes ago, RazorbackIslandGirl said:

Thank you for your help! I will try starting with the suite concierge & if that doesn't work will try the survey as you suggested. I have read of others being underwhelmed with their genie & would be so disappointed if we were in that position! Part of me wants to roll the dice & try someone new (possibly even better) but, my fear of disappointment is overwhelming.

Before you do all that...do you know for sure that the Genie you want is on the sailing that you are on?

6 minutes ago, RazorbackIslandGirl said:

Last I heard she still was. Her name is Alexandra & we will be on HOS. Does anyone know if she is still onboard? We are still pretty far out so, I'm not even sure if she will still be there or even on vacation. We sail 9/29/19.

There was an Alexandra on HOS back in 2017 but she has left Royal.  They have a few new Genies lately but there has not been an Alexandra on board HOS over the last year.  The current ones are Lety, Araceli, Allan F., Sebastian (on vacation), and Lisa (rumoured to come back soon to HOS).

If you're talking about a tall, slender, dark haired lady from Transylvania (Alexandra) she is no longer with Royal Caribbean.  When we had Reyno as our Genie the first time, we had friends who had Alexandra as their Genie.  I really liked her but she left Royal shortly after that.  If there is another Alexandra I have not heard of her.

39 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

If you're talking about a tall, slender, dark haired lady from Transylvania (Alexandra) she is no longer with Royal Caribbean.  When we had Reyno as our Genie the first time, we had friends who had Alexandra as their Genie.  I really liked her but she left Royal shortly after that.  If there is another Alexandra I have not heard of her.

That's the one I was referring to as well. She left shortly after March 2017.

That's who I'm talking about.? I guess what I read was outdated. Well that answers that. Roll the dice it is! We will miss her this time. She was so sweet! We had her Feb 2017. The past several cruises have been on smaller ships. OC is my favorite by far! I'm glad to see them putting them in other places than just the Caribbean.

37 minutes ago, RazorbackIslandGirl said:

That's who I'm talking about.? I guess what I read was outdated. Well that answers that. Roll the dice it is! We will miss her this time. She was so sweet! We had her Feb 2017. The past several cruises have been on smaller ships. OC is my favorite by far! I'm glad to see them putting them in other places than just the Caribbean.

To be honest with you, all the current genies rotating on HOS are really good.  We had Araceli in March and she is amazing.  I have heard equally good things from those who have had Sebastian, Lety, and Allan.  The only question mark is Lisa (who I am not 100% sure if she is back on Harmony this July or not, rumour has it that she is).  Reviews on her are just so so.  Araceli will be off near the end of July so she will likely be back on by the time you sail.  Lety is off any day now and she will be back at the beginning of July and into the fall.  Sebastian left in April and if he comes back to Harmony, it will near the end of June.  Allan just got back on board in April so he will likely be on until mid-September (so you will likely not have him).  Genie contracts are typically 5 months.  Hope that helps.

8 hours ago, RazorbackIslandGirl said:

You should contact RCI and one of their supervisors can reach out directly to the head of the royal genies on land and submit the request for you. I’m sure if she’s still working and on the ship you are going they can definitely help you. 

6 hours ago, Andrew3232 said:

You should contact RCI and one of their supervisors can reach out directly to the head of the royal genies on land and submit the request for you. I’m sure if she’s still working and on the ship you are going they can definitely help you. 

I have heard of a few people who have tried that route.  They get the standard response of, "You need to wait until your Genie contacts you." or, "You cannot request a specific Genie." YMMV