Lost SeaPass Card in Nassau

I never thought to look up what to do if I lost the SeaPass card in a port. Hope it is useful to others.

My aunt lost hers in Atlantis, and didn’t realize until we were on tour bus back to port. She freaked out and started crying(first cruise for her was very nervous) I headed straight to where they check ID and card, to ask what to do, they said to go to port security which was right outside.

Went and they checked her passport with ship manifest and let us through a side gate back to the ship. Once at gangway ship security supervisor came down to verify and let us through. Once we went through scanner we headed for guest services for a new card.

11 hours ago, Fuzzywuzzy said:

Definitely sounds like Security does this kind of thing more than you would think.

2000-5000 people

Multiple ports each journey

Multiple journeys each year

Even subtracting out the people who don't leave the ship at any given stop, you still have a lot of people leaving with their cards each day...odds are someone is going to lose one, quite possibly even every day.

On 6/1/2019 at 11:00 PM, analp38 said:

I never thought to look up what to do if I lost the SeaPass card in a port. Hope it is useful to others.

My aunt lost hers in Atlantis, and didn’t realize until we were on tour bus back to port. She freaked out and started crying(first cruise for her was very nervous) I headed straight to where they check ID and card, to ask what to do, they said to go to port security which was right outside.

Went and they checked her passport with ship manifest and let us through a side gate back to the ship. Once at gangway ship security supervisor came down to verify and let us through. Once we went through scanner we headed for guest services for a new card.

Just out of curiosity, what would they have done if you didnt have your passport on you?  I hear of people leaving their passport on the ship and was just curious. 

My daughter's dropped into the water as she was boarding the ship in Roatan a couple years years ago.  My kids were alone as we stayed off the ship and sent them back alone.  She had no ID with her (she's a minor and was with her 18 y/o sister), security verified she was supposed to be there and then sent her to Guest Services.

1 hour ago, monctonguy said:

If you think that's bad...imagine leaving the sea pass card in your room and getting locked out and trekking down to guest services in your underwear at 2am.....:36_flushed:

Only time  I 'lost" a seapass card.....

I'd take losing a seapass card fully clothed anytime over that again.....:4_joy:

Years ago we changed door handles and locks on the house.  Most handles unlock when you open the door but this one would open and leave the lock in place.  Walked out in the backyard one early morning in my underwear to let the dog out.  Shut the door and bam, no phone or anything.  Nobody else was home.  Had to walk to the neighbors and call my wife to let me back in the house.  Changed the lock that afternoon!  ????

2 hours ago, monctonguy said:

If you think that's bad...imagine leaving the sea pass card in your room and getting locked out and trekking down to guest services in your underwear at 2am.....:36_flushed:

I'd take losing a seapass card fully clothed anytime over that again.....:4_joy:

I'm guessing...you had the drink pkg?...?

This happened to me just this past Saturday !!!  Dan was out back on the deck sunbathing in his "Speedo style" trunks.  He would NEVER wear them anywhere in public....but I went to tell him goodbye (leaving for an errand) and locked the deck sliding glass doors out of PURE HABIT.  I locked him completely out of the house.  Luckily I wasn't gone long.  He wasn't too happy with me when I got home.  I don't even remember locking the door !  It was pure reflex.

40 minutes ago, RestingBird said:

I'm guessing...you had the drink pkg?...?

That would be correct...although in my defense I have never cruised without it and this only happened once......so far:8_laughing:

Damn solo cabins on Brilliance......those doors close quickly behind you when you step out to look down the hall..lol

Only good thing was that those rooms are about  pretty close to Guest services(deck 4)..but nothing like walking through the centrum in your boxer briefs at 2am......

22 hours ago, monctonguy said:

God that's my nightmare. This happened to my uncle...at a Vegas hotel...at 11pm...on a weekend. Not exactly the quietest time to have to walk down to the lobby in your underwear.

I have trained myself to open my car window if I ever have to get out of the car while the key is still inside. Being sure to leave the door unlocked isn't enough, because the odds are too high that my hand will lock it anyway as a reflex. So BEFORE I get out of the car, I make sure to open the window all the way.

5 minutes ago, Keeves said:

I have trained myself to open my car window if I ever have to get out of the car while the key is still inside. Being sure to leave the door unlocked isn't enough, because the odds are too high that my hand will lock it anyway as a reflex. So BEFORE I get out of the car, I make sure to open the window all the way.

My car doesn't have a key, just a fob, which is both better and worse...better because I can't lock myself out (if the key is inside the car, all I have to do is touch the door handle and it will unlock), but worse because literally anyone can do that too if I leave the key inside (as I have accidentally done twice...luckily not for long periods of time) and drive off in to the sunset.

@Zacharius   My car is the same.  I always place my keys in the console when I drive.  Luckily I have never left them in a parking lot, I always double check before I get out.  However, I can't tell you how many times I have left them in the car when I get home. I won't be shocked one morning if I wake up to find my car gone.