Luggage Tags

1 hour ago, Cruise-fanatic said:

I am new to cruising I am 45 days until my cruise, I can print my luggage tags but they not have neither the deck or stateroom I guess because is a guarantee , I want to know what is the meaning of my luggage tag being green and has the letter A. Also how long until I know my deck and stateroom.

I’m not sure about the color or A but I do know that my travel agent said lately they are assigning rooms the week before.  I’m 14 days before my cruise and still don’t know my room.  You can print out the luggage tag and write in the room...there should be a blank space where the room number usually is...or you can wait.  Jane

I want to say the letter is an indication of the section on your cabin’s deck where the luggage will be delivered prior to the stewards arraying the luggage down the hallway for guests to find. Just to make sure it’s in the right general vicinity of the cabin. Not sure about the color, that may be a way to better target where within the letter zone to put the bag in the hallway, or maybe the decks are color-coded.

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

I want to say the letter is an indication of the section on your cabin’s deck where the luggage will be delivered prior to the stewards arraying the luggage down the hallway for guests to find. Just to make sure it’s in the right general vicinity of the cabin. Not sure about the color, that may be a way to better target where within the letter zone to put the bag in the hallway, or maybe the decks are color-coded.

World of random pictures... Oddly missing is deck 17.

20190601_202347-1000x1333.thumb.jpg.47b425e4d5fe42e79cb78924b99c4aed.jpg

• 2 years later...
On 6/1/2019 at 3:29 PM, mom2mybugs said:

I’m not sure about the color or A but I do know that my travel agent said lately they are assigning rooms the week before.  I’m 14 days before my cruise and still don’t know my room.  You can print out the luggage tag and write in the room...there should be a blank space where the room number usually is...or you can wait.  Jane

The color of the tag has to do with what level cruiser you are..  IE:  Emerald, Platinum, Diamond ETC

1 hour ago, Christine Tenner said:

The color of the tag has to do with what level cruiser you are..  IE:  Emerald, Platinum, Diamond ETC

I have kept all my luggage tags from my Royal cruises.  I cannot see any pattern that links the tag color to my Crown & Anchor status.

IMG_2255.thumb.jpg.245ff4291ff27c300a3457a4545ff235.jpg

11 hours ago, CrznTxn said:

On Royal luggage tags the color at the top has to do with the quadrant where your cabin is located. Gives the baggage handlers a general idea where to take the bags.

Hmmmm then my tag for Wonder is wrong. It’s got the front right shaded where it should be mid. @PG Cruiser this happened to you too right? Nothing to worry about right? 

14 minutes ago, Jill said:

Hmmmm then my tag for Wonder is wrong. It’s got the front right shaded where it should be mid. @PG Cruiser this happened to you too right? Nothing to worry about right? 

Yes... this is what happened to me too.  I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that my bags will find their way to my cabin.

image.thumb.png.e4bcf15ab194923a3513adb93e55207b.png

15 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

I have kept all my luggage tags from my Royal cruises.  I cannot see any pattern that links the tag color to my Crown & Anchor status.

IMG_2255.thumb.jpg.245ff4291ff27c300a3457a4545ff235.jpg

That's cool! quite the collection! ---- The actual tags are printable from what I gather, but are those clear plastic sleeves provided to you at the port? I assume there's a zip tie that goes with it then?

19 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

Same thing happened here. My lazy "correction", have to love the stamp feature in Acrobat.

SmartSelect_20220217-084558_OneDrive.jpg

I didn't want to edit my luggage tag.  There might be some code known only to the porters and the ship's baggage handlers.  Worse comes to worst, my bags will be on the Port side and I can send for them or get them myself.

1 hour ago, ctwilliams said:

For the record, my tag for Wonder (March 4th) is wrong also. It has my cabin marked as starboard aft instead of port mid. I guess I will know where to go look for it. CT

Being a new ship, maybe the Wonder has been designed to have its Starboard on the Port side.