Solarium Bistro Dinner

I have the same reserved for my Oct 19 Anthem sailing. If no one else has replied, or you want another point of view, I'll be happy to update it then.

That said, I know @twangster and I think @Lovetocruise2002 have both had dinner in Solarium Bistro; if not on Anthem, then on another ship and the offerings are similar enough they should be comparable. I had asked on this board about Solarium Bistro dinner vs. Coastal Kitchen last year when I was booked on Anthem in a Jr. Suite; advice at that time was to save Solarium Bistro for a time when I was in a  "regular" cabin and didn't have access to Coastal Kitchen, as they and others considered it to be in between CK and the MDR in terms of the quality and ambiance.

3 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

I have the same reserved for my Oct 19 Anthem sailing. If no one else has replied, or you want another point of view, I'll be happy to update it then.

That said, I know @twangster and I think @Lovetocruise2002 have both had dinner in Solarium Bistro; if not on Anthem, then on another ship and the offerings are similar enough they should be comparable. I had asked on this board about Solarium Bistro dinner vs. Coastal Kitchen last year when I was booked on Anthem in a Jr. Suite; advice at that time was to save Solarium Bistro for a time when I was in a  "regular" cabin and didn't have access to Coastal Kitchen, as they and others considered it to be in between CK and the MDR in terms of the quality and ambiance.

I have never had dinner in the Solarium Bistro.  The menu never really stood out to me.  If it was complimentary and I did not have access to CK then I would not be opposed to trying it.

We had dinner in Solarium Bistro 2 years ago on Anthem. Even though complimentary, they want reservations because it's not a huge space. At that time, appetizers and desserts were buffet style and entrees were served. Food was VERY good. We had a reservation last week on Symphony. We were told a day or 2 before that Solarium Bistro on that ship recently converted over to ALL buffet. We were just not in the mood for that so we canceled our reservation.

Agree with @Skid about the buffet style  except for the entree, but we were on Ovation not Anthem.  I’m guessing they are similar.  One thing to note about the pasta that was on the entree list.  If you ordered that they told you to serve yourself that off the Buffett too.  All other entree dishes were prepared and served from the kitchen.

We tried it since we had done everything else at least once and it was fine. It was included in our dining package.  Having tried it I would say we would we would not choose it again if we were charged or on a shorter itinerary.  

We have eaten at Solarium Bistro on Oasis on two different sailings, we enjoyed it both times. My husband loves Mediterranean food, so he was quite happy. The appetizers and dessert are buffet style and you order your entree. We really enjoyed our meal, the ambience was beautiful and it was quiet. We have it booked for our Harmony sailing in September 2019, we will see how that one is compared to Oasis.

I’ve never been on a ship that has it but will be this year. For the entrees, is there vegetarian options? I have seen sample menus and there doesn’t appear to have any listed which is weird but I wanted to check and see what others have experienced for entrees? Thanks