Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale Near Port

4 hours ago, WaterBaby said:

Any recommendations for a reasonably priced hotel thats fairly close to the port in Ft. Lauderdale, there seems to be a lot of them, some look better than others and I'm not familiar with the area.

Thanks !

We like the Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn on Seabreeze. It's set just off the beach, walking distance to restaurants and shopping, and a water taxi stop as well, if that's something you'd be interested in. It's very close to the port; I think we paid 15 dollars for the taxi in December 2017, when we stayed 3 nights pre-cruise. 

There's a very decent breakfast included in the price too.

We're booked to stay there again this coming November. 

8 hours ago, WaterBaby said:

Any recommendations for a reasonably priced hotel thats fairly close to the port in Ft. Lauderdale, there seems to be a lot of them, some look better than others and I'm not familiar with the area.

Thanks !

I can help but need more information. Is your only criteria going to be reasonable cost and proximity? Your not looking for anything else? 

My suggestion without knowing anymore info is to look outside the 17th street area if you are looking for more reasonable pricing. I would venture out to Dania Pointe (Sterling Road & I-95) where they have many mid tier hotels (Hilton garden inn, Hampton Inn & other comparable brand chains). Don’t be so concerned about proximity as pretty much everything in the greater Fort Lauderdale area is within easy reach in a short time duration. I would search with the following boundaries:

South: Dania 

East: n/a

West: Plantation 

North: Pompano Beach 

If you have other criteria please let me know and I can help. 

Another vote for Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn on Seabreeze Blvd.  Very reasonably priced, breakfast included and it was great to take a walk on the beach both in the evening and before heading to the port in the morning.