DOH! What did you forget to pack?

On 5/30/2019 at 7:32 PM, Skid said:

Hey suite snob (he said respectfully), robes, although maybe not as luxurious, are provided to us lowly non-suite people that are Platinum C&A and above.?

Glad you mentioned this...I'll make sure to request them on our next cruise.

On 5/31/2019 at 10:39 AM, toodle68 said:

I have an excel spreadsheet. My first tab has the basics and then I create a new tab for each vacation. I change it over the months leading up to a cruise and then on packing day I print it off and cross off each item as I pack.

The only item we have ever forgotten was sunscreen on a Caribbean cruise. We looked in a shop on shore and they wanted $36 (US) for a can lol.. never forgotten it since.

Oh thank the stars I'm not the only one who spreadsheets the packing list.

Hub gets on me about my obsession with making lists.  I told him its one list (with 5 sheets on the spreadsheet).

I'd normally use Smartsheets for lists like this but hub would get real annoyed with me if I had a cloud based list and tell me I need to leave work at work for once.

Guest toodle68
47 minutes ago, ThyriC said:

Oh thank the stars I'm not the only one who spreadsheets the packing list.

Love me some excel. I also make one for the costs. I break down everything, food, taxi, excursion, flights, upgrades etc. when I am home I like to look at the total cost of the vacation. It helps with planning future trips and also to learn what I under estimated. Like this last trip I totally under estimated the cost of getting in and out of Manhattan. Two hours in an Uber gets pricey. 

Always forget my binoculars on land vacations! I always want them in new cities and seeing new ports shouldn't be any different. 

They're on my packing lists (I use the checklist feature in the iOS notes app) for my Grand Canyon trip this month and the August cruise, we'll see if they make the packing cut! 

Just now, DDaley said:

Always forget my binoculars on land vacations! I always want them in new cities and seeing new ports shouldn't be any different. 

They're on my packing lists (I use the checklist feature in the iOS notes app) for my Grand Canyon trip this month and the August cruise, we'll see if they make the packing cut! 

harness and binocs - check

29 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

Does anyone have any items they forgot to pack specifically for their Alaska cruise? We are 44 days out and am gathering items in the suitcases (sans the clothing). Just wondering what I'm leaving out that I shouldn't.

Don't forget the sunscreen - you'll have many hours of daylight.

33 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

Does anyone have any items they forgot to pack specifically for their Alaska cruise? We are 44 days out and am gathering items in the suitcases (sans the clothing). Just wondering what I'm leaving out that I shouldn't.

We went early in the season and lucked out, but we were warned to bring insect repellent.  I had both wipes and spray just in case. 

Everything costs more in Alaska, so have a nice selection of OTC meds just in case.  If you drink warm drinks when it is cold, I recommend you bring a YETI-style cup with you..it will hold way more than a coffee cup and keep you and your drink warmer longer during glacier time!

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:28 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

...and in keeping with my OLD school tendencies, I have a hand-scribbled, crossed through, rescribbled list that I have been using for 10+ years !

This is why I have a checklist on the notepad in my phone that I can check/uncheck and also add/delete as needed, too. I would have lost that scribbled on paper long ago.

On the subject of forgot, my wife packed some new dresses she got specifically for our January 2018 cruise, decided to repack, forgot to repack the dresses.

4 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

We went early in the season and lucked out, but we were warned to bring insect repellent.  I had both wipes and spray just in case. 

Everything costs more in Alaska, so have a nice selection of OTC meds just in case.  If you drink warm drinks when it is cold, I recommend you bring a YETI-style cup with you..it will hold way more than a coffee cup and keep you and your drink warmer longer during glacier time!

bug spray with 50% deet - check!

Yeti- check (good one!), schnapps with the hot chocolate, an oldie, but a goodie