SeaPass cards in the room & the Key question

CFL

I'm sure this is a dumb question.... but here goes..... for ships that don't give you a SeaPass at check-in and they are waiting in your room for you, how do you get in the room?  Are the doors left open?  And if the doors are left open that brings me to another question.  If you have the Key and took advantage of the carry-on luggage drop off, I understand they leave it in the closet but is it safe if your cabin door is left open?   ?‍♀️

1 hour ago, CFL said:

I'm sure this is a dumb question.... but here goes..... for ships that don't give you a SeaPass at check-in and they are waiting in your room for you, how do you get in the room?  Are the doors left open?  And if the doors are left open that brings me to another question.  If you have the Key and took advantage of the carry-on luggage drop off, I understand they leave it in the closet but is it safe if your cabin door is left open?   ?‍♀️

Not a dumb question at all. On Anthem and Symphony the seapass cards were left in slots outside the cabin door. Technically, the doors are locked, but the card is right there. Have not heard about any issues though. We had the Key last week and used the drop off service. Our bags were actually left on the couch, not in the closet. And fortunately for whomever that we are honest people because we had an additional bag that was not ours. Frankly. I am not sure about doing that again. Luckily, that was the first and only "issue".