Cozumel Excursion Recommendations

Aggiewes

I wouldn't recommend chichen Itza ruins as that is a ferry ride to the mainland plus a long bus ride.  Travel time is several hours each way.   At the very least make sure it is a RC excursion.  Personally, I'd wait for a trip to the mainland to do the ruins.

For an excursion for all ages including kids, I'd look at Paradise Beach or Mr. Sanchos.  You can do those on your own and save money over an RC excursion as both are an easy taxi ride from the pier.

Yes, for all of the fun excursions, there is a ferry ride from Cozumel to the main land that can be bumpy, but it is worth it for a tour like the Amazing Secret River near Playa del Carmen.  This excursion requires getting wet and swimming/hiking through caves.  You can't do this in the US due to potential hazards, like dodging stalactites.  That said, if you don't have mobility issues or a bad back, it is delightful.  Even my wife managed it (we are in our 60's), although she won't try it again.  Our guide spent an hour and a half taking us through the caves in the pleasantly cool water.  You are fitted with life preservers, lighted hard hats, and walking sticks (they are a must).  We had a nice lunch afterwards (described as a "snack" but very filling), and there are showers/lockers for a change of clothes.  Of all of the excursions I have ever taken, this was the best "adventure".  Another alternative is Tulum, and if you wear shorts or swimsuits, you might be able to cool off at the beach for a few minutes after you see the ruins.  Now Mexico in June is HOT, so take water or buy it from vendors on arrival.

So many options in Cozumel ,depending on how big of a group you have and if you want to be on the water or on the island or just relaxing on the beach.

https://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/ . is a compay we have used repeatedly as they have great tours. We did a private boat charter for a group of us that was amazing.  We all relaxing, drank margaritas and they had snacks too. Snorkeling  some great locations as well. 

We have also done their all inclusive beach day, includes all food and drinks at Nachi Cocom, which was amazing.

On 5/30/2019 at 4:53 PM, markm said:
4 hours ago, Crossfitmama said:

So many options in Cozumel ,depending on how big of a group you have and if you want to be on the water or on the island or just relaxing on the beach.

https://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/ . is a compay we have used repeatedly as they have great tours. We did a private boat charter for a group of us that was amazing.  We all relaxing, drank margaritas and they had snacks too. Snorkeling  some great locations as well. 

We have also done their all inclusive beach day, includes all food and drinks at Nachi Cocom, which was amazing.

I used them for Tulum ...... It was a great tour!   Just 4 of us and well timed.   We have done Nachi Cocom several times with them as well.

Went to Chakanaub and did the dolphin encounter with the whole family through Royal because they had a sale going at $60 per person which was all inclusive of food and drinks.

Depending on the age of your youngest, hubby and I did our anniversary at the Playa Mia Cooking Class through Royal and we loved it.