Johnny Rockets Question

skwak

Hello:

Never been on RCCL before but are sailing on June 28th.  Just saw the menu for Johnny Rockets.  I know you pay extra to eat there.  I think I read $9.95.  How does that work with the menu?  Do you order whatever you want for $9.95?

Thanks!

42 minutes ago, skwak said:

Hello:

Never been on RCCL before but are sailing on June 28th.  Just saw the menu for Johnny Rockets.  I know you pay extra to eat there.  I think I read $9.95.  How does that work with the menu?  Do you order whatever you want for $9.95?

Thanks!

If it's a sit-down Johnny Rockets where they take your order at the table or counter, then each person pays the $9.95 (+18% gratuity) cover charge and you can order whatever you want except for milkshakes.  Milkshakes are extra unless you have the Refreshment drink package or the Deluxe drink package.   Ships with this type of Johnny Rockets is also open for breakfast which is complimentary for everyone.  They have a special breakfast menu during breakfast hours.

Just now, AshleyDillo said:

If it's a sit-down Johnny Rockets where they take your order at the table or counter, then each person pays the $9.95 (+18% gratuity) cover charge and you can order whatever you want except for milkshakes.  Milkshakes are extra unless you have the Refreshment drink package or the Deluxe drink package.   Ships with this type of Johnny Rockets is also open for breakfast which is complimentary for everyone.  They have a special breakfast menu during breakfast hours.

Anyone else think 9.95 per person for fast food (on top of what you already paid for food with your fare) is getting a bit steep?

If you go to any mall you are at about 9.95 for a meal just as you are paying on the ship.  Personally i would never pick Johnny Rockets as a preference on land, if its true all ships are 9.95 now I cant see the draw.  Yes you can eat as much as you want but why?

4 hours ago, marti314 said:

Anyone else think 9.95 per person for fast food (on top of what you already paid for food with your fare) is getting a bit steep?

If you go to any mall you are at about 9.95 for a meal just as you are paying on the ship.  Personally i would never pick Johnny Rockets as a preference on land, if its true all ships are 9.95 now I cant see the draw.  Yes you can eat as much as you want but why?

I've read that when Royal Caribbean first put Johnny Rockets on the ship, it was free, and that the fee was added because of over crowding.

They bumped up the price to 9.95 within the past year or so.

Carnival's "Guys Burger Joint" is free, and people claim the burgers are better.  But then you have to sail on Carnival... ?

5 hours ago, marti314 said:

I totally agree but on day 7 on allure when we'd had good food overload, we were totally craving onion rings and a burger!  I will say it was completely empty so the prices or other options are definitely impacting the crowds.  Jane

17 hours ago, marti314 said:

Sure is ...add on the 18% and its  almost $12....and then for us Canadians add on exchange and its almost $17...no way in heck its worth it......

Royal will charge $25 one day for it if they think ppl are suckers enough to pay for it....and there always will be I guess......

17 hours ago, marti314 said:

Agreed, which contributes to my low participation there.

Back in the day of free JR the lunch lines became absurd which is why they claim they introduced the $4.95 fee (at that time).  

Why does JR serve breakfast only on Oasis class ships?  Why not on Freedom and Voyager class?  

I also think $50 for Chops is absurd.  For a couple that's a $100 meal for a slightly better than MDR steak.  

Guest toodle68

Our first experience with Chops was not great and now that the price is $100 for a couple, we will not be back.  I did notice that the ultimate package for our 10 night cruise is $199, so that would be $19 each.. but spending 10 nights in just Chops and that Italian place is too much.

We did JR once with the kids, but it is not something we will do again since the price goes up every year.