Ice cubes/water in Cuba and europe/water bottles too

Ok...saw another thread and thought I would ask....

1.  How are the ice cubes in Cuba?  Can I get mixed drinks/ mojitos/frozen drinks at cafes without worries?

2.  Ditto above question in Barcelona, Italy and greece

3.  Any problems with taking a reusable bottle filled with h2o through customs in Cuba? Are there places to refill or should I buy water?  Off the boat in Europe? Into the Vatican museum and other sites.  

Thanks!  Trying to figure out options for the blazing heat in these two locations!  Jane

Hi Jane

You won't get sick from the water in Cuba or Europe.

I went to Havana on Majesty of the Seas last year. There are not public water fountains that I saw but plenty of vendors sell it. Also the ships dock right in central Havana and it's very easy to go on board and off again if you need to. The cafes sell drinks like mojitos and coffees but no blended drinks

In Europe there are plenty of shops and vendors that sell water as well as public fountains. I've not been to the Vatican, but I can say that some larger museums don't let you take food or drink into the galleries for security and to protect the artwork from accidental damage. 

Always be careful in Cuba....they are known for issues with water! It wasn't that long ago that its finally safe to brush your teeth with their water. As someone who has been there about a dozen times in the last decade, take my advice...be careful.

Us Canadians have travelled there often over the years and know first hand.....

While the ice cubes at the resorts and bars/restaurants SHOULD be ok...it is the only country south that I am wary about the water when I visit.