Drink package question

I’m really want to get the deluxe package but my gf doesn’t really drink alcohol. As royal makes it mandatory that both ppl in the stateroom have to get the package. Is there a way I can get around the rule, so only I can purchase the deluxe drink package?

They do make exceptions at times for Medical reasons or Religious reasons, but if its a preference thing they may not.

Either way, you have to call them in order only purchase 1 of the drinks packages on, the cruise planner wont let you do it. Never hurts to ask I guess, go for it and see what they say

51 minutes ago, Michael Vitale said:

It’s my understanding that at the very least you will have to purchase a soda package for her in lieu of the deluxe package. And that’s if they permit you to do that. 

Both times I have gotten the exception, my wife had to buy the Refreshment Package. That was the lowest they would go in our case (and was fine since she wanted that anyway).

Just call RCL and they should be able to override it for you.  I know people that have done this with no medical or religious reasons given.  They just state the fact that the other person in my cabin does not drink alcohol.

I know my cousin got the Deluxe and his wife got nothing.  She did have a medical reason (recovering from throat cancer) and could only drink bottled water.  They ordered a case for their cabin via RCL, plus carried on 12 17 oz bottles of water.  They never asked for him to submit any medical documentation.

My brother on the same cruise ordered the Deluxe, my sister in law only drinks a glass of wine at dinner, and no soda at all, just water and 1 ice coffee a day.   RCL did not make him purchase anything for her and didn't even ask the reason why she was not purchasing any type of package   However, RCL may have seen in their order history they had purchased a coffee card.  They carried on water too.   

My other cousin also called RCL.  He drinks only bottled water which he carried on.  His wife is like my SIL, a glass of wine at dinner,  but she wanted the refreshment package for mocktails and soda.  They overrode the system so that she got it and he didn't.

• 2 years later...

Anyone done this recently? 
we did it a few years ago,  anaged to purchase the refreshment package for my husband who doesn’t drink.

This time round I’ve purchased the refreshment package and called up RC to purchase the DBP on a promotion I saw but because I booked through a travel agent they couldn’t put it through. I contacted the TA and they are saying both parties have to buy the DBP.. 😐