Horseshoe Bay Bermuda ???

rjac

Has anyone here taken a taxi from the cruise ship port to and from Horseshoe Bay? I know about the public bus (#7, thanks Joe) but she-who must -be-obeyed wants to do a taxi. My concern is, are there taxis waiting at the beach to take you back to the ship or is it a YOYO (you're on your own)? Thanks. :27_sunglasses:

Rather than a taxi, how would your wife feel about the independent shuttle vans? These run constantly to Horseshoe Bay and back, cost is a flat $7 per person. You board them right as you reach the end of the pier, where you'll see a bunch of them lined up. They drop you off in the same spot the buses do, I guess due to local regulations. They tend to pack you in like sardines so that they have a full van each trip, but it's a reasonably short ride and I think will be a good bit less than a taxi.

If that's also no good and your wife wants the taxi so you're not packed like sardines and getting very comfortable with your shipmates, I'm pretty sure you can get one easily enough. Pinging @coneyraven and @BermudaDice, I figure if anyone will know for sure it will be them. Really couldn't say where you find them myself since I got so many warnings to avoid the taxis due to their cost that I never even tried to look for a pickup area.

Yep .... Taxi's are def. an option...... although a bit more expensive than $7.  My guess would be in the $25-$30 range, but we tend to just settle on the pink buses.  We've gotten really good at navigating those.  If I recall, the taxi's are in the same area as the shuttle buses (see the parking lot closest to where the pier splits for both ships in the attached photo).  The walk for the pink buses is a little further way (a 5 minute walk)

32709142_2058678697677500_1798012376851677184_n.jpg

IMG_4053.JPG

12 hours ago, JLMoran said:

how would your wife feel about the independent shuttle vans? These run constantly to Horseshoe Bay and back, cost is a flat $7 per person

Thanks Joe. Do the shuttle vans drop you off and pick you up at the beach or top of the hill so you have to walk up and down? :27_sunglasses:

Just now, rjac said:

Do the shuttle vans drop you off and pick you up at the beach or top of the hill so you have to walk up and down? :27_sunglasses:

They go all the way down the hill and right up to the beach entrance, for both drop-off and pick-up. They're constantly coming and going, too, and there are always at least a couple there, so you don't have to worry overmuch about watching a clock to catch one back to the ship.

• 1 month later...

Sorry I'm a bit late to this but looks like your cruise hasn't left yet!  I agree with other's comments above.  The Horseshoe Bay area has been through a major redevelopment since I left the island and I have only visited once since it happened.  That time I visited though, it seemed like other people have said, shuttle buses and taxis waiting in the same area at the bottom of the hill.

For emergencies, the best taxi number when I was on the island was +1 (441) 295-4141.  A lot of taxi numbers you get on Bermuda are for individual taxis so not so useful if that taxi already has a fare, but that number was for a dispatch so you'll actually get a taxi on that number.  Also see https://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_00008a.htm for more info.

In case you decide to take a public bus back to Dockyard, I took this picture of the #7 schedule the last time I was on-island last October which will give you a rough idea of when to expect a bus on the day you're at Horseshoe.  Obviously you'll want to make sure you're taking a Dockyard bus and not a Barnes Corner bus.

1988126296_BermBus.thumb.jpg.c716658c060a669030e06e693717ac2e.jpg