Thrill Waterpark cabana yes or no?

melski94

I have booked a cabana at the Thrill Waterpark for our July sailing.  However after just visiting Coco Cay on Symphony, there were plenty of chairs available everywhere.  My husband thinks I should cancel the cabana as we will mostly be riding the rides and too busy to really enjoy the cabana. We do enjoy the bungalows on the beach in Labadee but we feel that the waterpark will be a different experience.   If we take a break, we can easily just use our chairs.  I believe there will be 2 ships in port that day (Grandeur and Navigator).  So would you cancel the cabana and save $300?

Sounds like based on what you are stating it would make sense. If your not going to spend much time in them compared to when at Labadeee, save the $300!

But I am biased and think a chair with some covering a cpl bottles of water is way over rated and a waste of money for sure...

Do you know any others on your sailing through either Facebook groups or message boards that may be willing to share the cabana with you?  The cabana includes the wristbands for the waterpark and you'll get 6 of them..so that may help subsidize it.  Personally for two people I wouldn't bother with the cabana if you're going to be enjoying the waterpark.

On 5/29/2019 at 1:04 PM, AshleyDillo said:

Do you know any others on your sailing through either Facebook groups or message boards that may be willing to share the cabana with you?  The cabana includes the wristbands for the waterpark and you'll get 6 of them..so that may help subsidize it.  Personally for two people I wouldn't bother with the cabana if you're going to be enjoying the waterpark.

We are a family of 6 so completely full on the cabana.  Even with all 6 of us, full day waterpark passes would save us $275 (waterpark prices are now up).  My husband doesn't think we'll use the cabana as much as if we were on the beach.  Then again we might need a break from all the stairs!

Based on the renderings I've seen, the cabana's there don't look that great:

cococay-thrill-waterpark-cabanas-photo-r

Do they look any better in person?  They look all packed in, in a busy part of the water park. 

I really enjoyed the Cabana at Castaway Cay, and I also enjoyed a Bungalow at Coco Cay (pre-Perfect Day).

I've gotten a cabana at Universal's Volcano Bay, and that was really, really nice.  But there was a time where my kids were all sitting in the cabana relaxing and reading, and I was very conflicted.  I was paying alot of money for the cabana, so I wanted them to enjoy it.  But I also wanted them to enjoy the water park, which I also spent alot of money for.  So I think you husband may have a point.

Of course, it's also really nice to have a dedicated "home base".

We have a cabana because I am not into the slides but the rest are and with there being 7 of us we had to buy an extra park pass for one of us who isn't supposed to use the cabana.  I like the idea because even though I am not using the slides I can be involved.

How many people are in your party?  Because the Thrill Waterpark Cabanas come with 6 Full-day Passes to the waterpark.  Also, if you don't get a cabana, will you just use the sun loungers?  If everyone in your group is gone doing waterslides at the same time, someone could take your seats.  If you are just with 1 other person, maybe you should book the beach lounger. (Costs something less than $100)

On 6/3/2019 at 2:26 PM, Kellyco said:

Does anyone know if the waterpark cabanas are only at the wave pool? Considering getting one but not at that location.

There's two sets of Thrill Waterpark cabanas. One set is near the wave pool, and the other is near the family water slides where the slides end.

• 1 year later...

I purchased the Thrill Water Park Cabana for 6 adults in my party.  We have 2 teenagers who I purchased Water Park tickets for.  Would they be able to access our cabana if they need a place to chill?  Are wristbands for the cabana a different color than the wristbands for the water park?  I'm hoping they can just enter our cabana whenever they want.

In fall 2019, we had a cabana for 6 an one solo ticket purchase... and the attendant did not bat an eye.  They added a tick mark next to our name on a paper and waved us on through.

That will be nearly 2 years and a lot of lost revenue ago, so the policy may change, but it is worth a shot.

• 5 weeks later...