Rccl dress code for mdr

Hello cruisers!  

This will be my first time on rccl. I am sailing with the allure of the seas. My family and I plan on eating most dinners at the mdr. I noticed on the rccl website that there is a dress code for the mdr even on none formal nights. I wanted to know how strictly do they enforce the dress code for dinner at the mdr on a regular night not formal night. I do plan on dressing up for formal night but plan on wearing a nice pair of shorts and a polo shirt with boat shoes for dinner. I also have two little ones that I don't really want to dress up other than on formal night. 

Thanks

The dress code is very very forgiving.  Truthfully, as long as you don't show up in a sleeveless T-shirt, cut-off jeans or a wet bathing suit, you will be admitted.  Formal night is merely a suggestion.  Just use good judgement.  Shorts, sun dresses, collared polo shirts all are fine.  Boat shoes would be a step up for many.  You will be fine.  Enjoy yourself.  You are on vacation.

13 minutes ago, marti314 said:

I believe the only thing RCL is really policing in the MDR is this: 

Dodged a bullet there, I have cloven hooves and ate unnoticed in the MDR on formal night.  :71_smiling_imp: