Grenadyr

Experimental Drink Package Calculator

Wow, great tool. I anecdotally thought that when you added in the non-alcoholic drinks one would normally have throughout the day, it wouldn't take very many cocktails to hit the break even point. For us that number looks to be about 3. Great to see that assumption validated to some degree. Thank you!

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 8:32 PM, Grenadyr said:

I made a spreadsheet to calculate my break even point for getting the Deluxe Beverage Package on an upcoming cruise.  It turned out to be pretty useful and I thought others might find it interesting.  So...  I made a site on Wix to host an online version of the calculator for anyone that might be interested.

DrinkCalc

DrinkCalc V.2  (Now prettier and hopefully easier to use.)

I'm open to feedback to improve it as needed.  Keep in mind the options for style are limited but I can tweak the math as much as I want.

Do you have this app created in any sort of spreadsheet format or something you can share that can be downloaded an used offline?

@Grenadyr thanks for creating this calculator. My wife and I are about to book our first ever cruise. We have spoke with friends and co-workers that cruise and have cruised. Most say do not purchase the plan while some say it is worth it for the convenience alone. 

Is there a possibility to add spirits to your beverage selection area. If i use cocktail as a choice it skews the overall cost higher.  I assume the cost you use have the gratuity included?

Thanks again,

Steve

3 hours ago, CruisingCrewser said:

@Grenadyr thanks for creating this calculator. My wife and I are about to book our first ever cruise. We have spoke with friends and co-workers that cruise and have cruised. Most say do not purchase the plan while some say it is worth it for the convenience alone. 

Is there a possibility to add spirits to your beverage selection area. If i use cocktail as a choice it skews the overall cost higher.  I assume the cost you use have the gratuity included?

Thanks again,

Steve

The Drink Calc does not factor in gratuities.   The drinks/cocktails/spirits onboard range from $11 to $13, while beer is about $7 to $8.   The drink calc is used to compare your drink cost vs the drink package price before gratuities since you would have to pay gratuities either way.

5 drinks a day/person usually pays for the package.  Plus you get bottled water,  fresh squeezed juice, soda, Specialty coffees, and I am sure I am missing other items.

2 hours ago, CruisingCrewser said:

Is there a possibility to add spirits to your beverage selection area. If i use cocktail as a choice it skews the overall cost higher.

There is effectively no difference in price between getting a glass of bourbon neat or on the rocks, or getting a top-shelf margarita. Both will be charged the same amount, $12 ($13 on Q and O class).

The only time you'll see a price difference is if you're someone who enjoys super-premium whiskeys / bourbons / scotches; in that case, the bartender will give you a heads-up before pouring because that will cost more (sometimes by a very sizable amount).

Hello Grenadyr

How up to date is your price list? and is it from every vessel?, (I am going on a transatlantic cruise in October on board Independence of the seas), and does it include service charge?

Will there be a discounted price offer, closer to the date, do you think?

Thank you in advance.

Darn, wish I had seen this before. I ended up making my own spreadsheet, so here's a few suggestions.

Since the Deluxe Drink Package may require you to buy multiple, you might add another row or 2 to include multiple adults in same cabin. My wife's drinking habits differ from mine such as I drink more premium coffee and she drinks more wine, so the extra columns allows me to see our realistic consumption. The second suggestion is to add the Gratuity amount. Maybe a field one can enter. I know the current is 18%, but that may change over time.

On 6/3/2019 at 5:01 PM, Grenadyr said:

Alright, Drinkcalc V.2 is ready for testing.  The underlying math is identical but the interface is better due to it being through a different service.

DrinkCalc V.2

Awesome  Thanks!