Question about Perfect Day waterpark

This is our family's first cruise and I am looking into purchasing the waterpark package at coco cay for my teenagers.  My question is, do I need to purchase one if Im NOT going to enjoy any of the water slides but just want to be inside in the area to take pictures?  Thank you!

Yes.  You cannot go into Thrill without purchasing the pass.  Thrill is the only part of the park you must purchase to enter.  Additionally, your teenagers must be accompanied with an adult over the age of 18.  IE if  your oldest teenager is 18 than they can be the adult for the younger ones, but if the oldest is 17, than you would have to go with them.

understand RC's position on this, but not happy.  Originally my plan was to get 1/2 day tickets for 17 and 12 year old daughters and mom and I would hang at our cabana.  Saw the must be accompanied by an adult 18+ provision.  Had to cancel the 2 half day passes and book 4 full days passes.  Looks like I get to do some tubing now.

Not that big a deal.  just not ideal.

I just called on this, for I have a 14 and 16yr old that will be there next week.  They told me there is no requirement for an adult, just as long as they meet the height and weight requirements.  Did they require an adult to just enter the waterpark?  Or did you need to be with them as the did the slides?  I am sure if I call back and ask someone else, i will get another answer. 

@Hsimbeck

This is directly from their cruise planner under IMPORTANT NOTES when you look at the Thrill Waterpark pass

Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion. Guests under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult. 

My guess is that they didn't realize you were asking can they enter without an adult?   

Once in the park it is like any other water park, you do not need to ride the rides with them as long as they meet the height and weight requirements.

I saw that and that is why I called. to see if it was part of the first sentence or a separate requirement.  That is why I wondered why people encountered as they tried to enter?  Were you just there?  did you have to stay with them the entire duration, or just to enter?  Just so i know what to expect. I saw in the article, on the home page, that there are no age restrictions, just weight and height requirement: 

There are no age restrictions for the experiences at Perfect Day at CocoCay. Some slides and activities have height and
weight restrictions, and you can refer to our list of restrictions for specifics.

So, just confused and trying to know what I will encounter when we are there.   Thank you. 

2 hours ago, goblues38 said:

understand RC's position on this, but not happy.  Originally my plan was to get 1/2 day tickets for 17 and 12 year old daughters and mom and I would hang at our cabana.  Saw the must be accompanied by an adult 18+ provision.  Had to cancel the 2 half day passes and book 4 full days passes.  Looks like I get to do some tubing now.

Could always change from a Oasis lagoon or chill island to a Thrill Waterpark cabana. It then comes with Waterpark passes for the group. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from our cruise. We were at Coco Cay on 6/5.  My kids ages 14 and 16 were fine coming and going into the waterpark.  You just have to have an adult 18 or older in the premises of Coco Cay. They were in and out of the waterpark area numerous times through out the day and never needed me to take them in. 

1 hour ago, Hsimbeck said:

Just returned from our cruise. We were at Coco Cay on 6/5.  My kids ages 14 and 16 were fine coming and going into the waterpark.  You just have to have an adult 18 or older in the premises of Coco Cay. They were in and out of the waterpark area numerous times through out the day and never needed me to take them in. 

This is very good info.. Most people were very upset about the needing an adult thing.. I totally think a 14 and 16 year old are capable of riding slides without parents so I am happy this is the case. 

8 minutes ago, levy1980 said:

I thought I read that all people in the stateroom had to buy tickets, so I have to go if my hubby and son want to go???

Can you post the source?  That is a requirement I've never heard and I'd be surprised if that were the case.  

"The Key" requires everyone in a cabin to purchase it, but that is not associated with Perfect Day.

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

Can you post the source?  That is a requirement I've never heard and I'd be surprised if that were the case.  

"The Key" requires everyone in a cabin to purchase it, but that is not associated with Perfect Day.

I have read so much stuff lately I cannot remember where, I hope I got it wrong as I really am not bothered about slides so would be happy to not bother!  I will try and find it again!

On 5/28/2019 at 12:10 PM, Hsimbeck said:

I saw that and that is why I called. to see if it was part of the first sentence or a separate requirement.  That is why I wondered why people encountered as they tried to enter?  Were you just there?  did you have to stay with them the entire duration, or just to enter?  Just so i know what to expect. I saw in the article, on the home page, that there are no age restrictions, just weight and height requirement: 

There are no age restrictions for the experiences at Perfect Day at CocoCay. Some slides and activities have height and
weight restrictions, and you can refer to our list of restrictions for specifics.

So, just confused and trying to know what I will encounter when we are there.   Thank you. 

I was just there yesterday, they would not let my two teens (16) enter unless i purchased a package and went in with them. I probably could have turned around and walked right back out but i was not paying $69 more than i already paid.

On 5/28/2019 at 10:57 AM, goblues38 said: