North Star & IFly

Keep checking your cruise planner as there's no set time, and once they are released they fill fast. For my June 21st sailing, IFly opened up about 12 weeks prior to sailing (and was booked within about 4 hours).  NorthStar opened up last week for us, and the best times were taken within about an hour.  HOWEVER, @twangster posted his Ovation sailing in the live blog section (take a look at it if you haven't had a chance, it's FABULOUS), and he went on North Star many times just by going at open, non-reserved blocks of times when there was a very small line.  It doesn't look like it will be a problem to get on it more than once if you wish.

Welcome to the forum, and happy sailing!!

Guest toodle68

For my recent Anthem cruise, they never opened up bookings via cruise planner. Had to do it on the ship. Never had an issue getting on though.

10 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Keep checking your cruise planner as there's no set time, and once they are released they fill fast. For my June 21st sailing, IFly opened up about 12 weeks prior to sailing (and was booked within about 4 hours).  NorthStar opened up last week for us, and the best times were taken within about an hour.  HOWEVER, @twangster posted his Ovation sailing in the live blog section (take a look at it if you haven't had a chance, it's FABULOUS), and he went on North Star many times just by going at open, non-reserved blocks of times when there was a very small line.  It doesn't look like it will be a problem to get on it more than once if you wish.

Welcome to the forum, and happy sailing!!

I've been checking now multiple times a day for our Aug 23rd sailing and still nothing.   So you are saying I have a 4 hour window to catch IFly!!!  Ugh....come on!!   Someone at RC just enjoys messing with us!

3 minutes ago, Vacation Crazy said:

I've been checking now multiple times a day for our Aug 23rd sailing and still nothing.   So you are saying I have a 4 hour window to catch IFly!!!  Ugh....come on!!   Someone at RC just enjoys messing with us!

The reason it book up so fast is because they reserve majority of spaces for people to book once onboard. I guess they feel its unfair for those who aren't internet saavy or people who are super busy and don't have time to check everyday to not have a chance to book.

8 minutes ago, Jzx1103 said:

The reason it book up so fast is because they reserve majority of spaces for people to book once onboard. I guess they feel its unfair for those who aren't internet saavy or people who are super busy and don't have time to check everyday to not have a chance to book.

I know I won't have a problem booking IFLY or North Star once on board.  I just like the idea of having it all booked and not dealing with it as soon as I board.  It's just the type A planner in me!!   

4 hours ago, Vacation Crazy said:

I was checking twice a day, and I'm on the FB page for the sailing. Once I gave them a heads up, another time someone else did.

14 hours ago, toodle68 said:

For my recent Anthem cruise, they never opened up bookings via cruise planner. Had to do it on the ship. Never had an issue getting on though.

I was wondering about this...we're sailing on Anthem on July 4 and nothing has been opened. I wonder if they are trying this to get more people to download the Royal IQ app.

9 hours ago, chrgrfndan said:

I was wondering about this...we're sailing on Anthem on July 4 and nothing has been opened. I wonder if they are trying this to get more people to download the Royal IQ app.

I'm on same sailing. I think it's less nefarious than that. I'm assuming it's just them being behind schedule.

Guest toodle68
10 hours ago, chrgrfndan said:

So we tried to reserve via the app and kept getting an error. In a frenzy I hit reserve 15 times in a row since RC software is so crap I thought 1 might go through.. but my wife slapped my hand and took away the phone..  so maybe it will work after 16 attempts?

53 minutes ago, carlosalonsor said:

North Star Just appeared for August 2nd sailing.

I can only see days 2, 4 and 6 available
(Sea day, Skagway, sea day)  Hours from 9 am to 12 pm aprox.

@twangster You're an expert on this topic! What day and time would you choose?

Port day.  The views of Skagway from North Star were captured in this post:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/12630-ovation-goes-north-way-north-to-alaska-11-nights-may-13-2019/&do=findComment&comment=126313

On sea days it's cool but nothing to see.

Keep in mind that using the RoyalIQ app on board you can cancel any North Star reservation made now if you see a better or more desirable time offered on board. 

By all means grab something now but adjust it on board when even more slots are made available.

20 hours ago, fmlsprtsfn said:

Were you able to reserve yet?  I am on the Sept 12th sailing of Anthem and I was able to book both activities.  Go to cruise planner, select onboard activities and select each activity.

Good luck

Cheryl

Not seen it yet on the Ovation.

• 1 month later...