Harmony LIVE ~ 6/30 & 7/7 ~ Eastern/Western Caribbean

Joe01

1 minute ago, hayley_bopp said:

You won't miss proper breakfasts on the ship. This is pretty much what my husband has every, single day!

Except for the haggis. I'm fairly sure he had black pudding at least a couple of times but that was in the Med. They also had 'proper' bacon as well as the American stuff. This could just be for European sailings but regardless, you'll get pretty close to a 'full English'.

2 hours ago, hayley_bopp said:

Except for the haggis. I'm fairly sure he had black pudding at least a couple of times but that was in the Med. They also had 'proper' bacon as well as the American stuff. This could just be for European sailings but regardless, you'll get pretty close to a 'full English'.

They don't have much of these offerings on USA based ships. Breakfasts were a bit rubbish on my last 2 sailings from the States (AN 2016 & HM 2017).

41 minutes ago, Cruising to Retirement! said:

Hey Joe, Hope your sailaway was a blast?  How do you like Harmony so far?  Can't wait to hear what you think!

Enjoy!!!!  Michelle

I'm still in Orlando - did I miss the ship? 

Boarding tomorrow - will let you know my thoughts. ?

4 hours ago, Joe01 said:

I'm still in Orlando - did I miss the ship? 

Boarding tomorrow - will let you know my thoughts. ?

Oh so sorry!  I'm not sure why I thought it was Saturday since we are on this exact itinerary SUNDAY, September 1st so no excuses!  Best news is tomorrow is cruise day!  Yeah!  Happy for you and the family!

Enjoy the sailaway!  Michelle

Boarded around 3 hours ago.

Had great fun so far. Was in the elevator with Captain Gus - told him that Harmony is better than Symphony. ?

Been around the entire ship, feeling at home.

In a virtual balcony cabin on Deck 6 forward. Currently watching Marc's ship tour - he seems to have Abe Hughes doing the voiceover for some of the venues. Speaking of Cruise Directors, I have also seen Dennis Charles onboard.

32 minutes ago, Joe01 said:

Boarded around 3 hours ago.

Had great fun so far. Was in the elevator with Captain Gus - told him that Harmony is better than Symphony. ?

Been around the entire ship, feeling at home.

In a virtual balcony cabin on Deck 6 forward. Currently watching Marc's ship tour - he seems to have Abe Hughes doing the voiceover for some of the venues. Speaking of Cruise Directors, I have also seen Dennis Charles onboard.

Have a wonderful cruise 

8 hours ago, Joe01 said:

Just had first Alpha Alpha Alpha call.

This call scares me - I remember hearing it when a child drowned in the pool on Anthem.

My friend, and her family, are on Allure and shortly after sail away this afternoon (about an hour or so out of port) they had a medical emergency (not my friends thankfully).

They had to head back to Ft. Lauderdale... she just updated me and explained that the passenger was unloaded onto a tender near the port.

Very scary, I hope that passenger is doing OK!

Two major improvements since last time:

1) Sorrento's - The new pizza is absolutely delicious. The old one was OK but this tastes like actual pizza.

2) Cruise Director - Well, this one should be obvious given who I had last time on HM. Glad that we have someone that has plenty of joie de vivre for a change.

The ship overall seems to have a warm and enjoyable vibe. Windjammer has great selection of food so far, all crew and fellow guests are friendly.

Any Q's - ask away! Except for anything alcohol/bar related, I don't know anything about that.

12 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

My friend, and her family, are on Allure and shortly after sail away this afternoon (about an hour or so out of port) they had a medical emergency (not my friends thankfully).

They had to head back to Ft. Lauderdale... she just updated me and explained that the passenger was unloaded onto a tender near the port.

Very scary, I hope that passenger is doing OK!

I heard it was a broken leg on Facebook but I don't have that confirmed.  Jane

10 hours ago, Joe01 said:

1) Sorrento's - The new pizza is absolutely delicious. The old one was OK but this tastes like actual pizza.

2) Cruise Director - Well, this one should be obvious given who I had last time on HM. Glad that we have someone that has plenty of joie de vivre for a change.

The ship overall seems to have a warm and enjoyable vibe. Windjammer has great selection of food so far, all crew and fellow guests are friendly.

Any Q's - ask away! Except for anything alcohol/bar relate, I don't know anything about that.

Glad you are looking the cruise director and having a good time.  I agree... Sorrentos had gotten a TON better!!  We ate it at least once at dinner on freedom, allure and majesty and it was good on all 3 in the last year.  Jane

12 hours ago, Joe01 said:

Any Q's - ask away! Except for anything alcohol/bar related, I don't know anything about that.

Totally agree about the improvements to the pizza on the ships we've sailed on this year.  Being the only Scot you are the celebrity!  Hurray!  Are there any special things planned for 4th of July on the ship?

Oh could you please keep and post or send the cruise compasses for this itinerary to Matt.  There is so many prebooked shows plus all the additional shows and activities that we want to plan our specialty dining as best we can not to miss something!!!  

Please keep your experiences and pics coming!!!  The last time we were on Harmony she cruised out of Ft Lauderdale.  

Happy cruising!!!  Enjoy!  Michelle

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 4:49 PM, Joe01 said:

1 week & 11 hours until it all begins!

Just checked the flights - got a 6 hour layover in EWR on debarkation day. Do you think we would have enough time to go to Manhattan for lunch?

no, you will be too rushed. Go to Jersey Gardens Mall across the Jersey Turnpike to spend time.

Just left CocoCay. I was impressed with the island - a lot of interesting additions and I loved the pool. Will upload some photos later.

On our way to St. Thomas with a day at sea tomorrow. 

Headed to the Theatre at 5pm for a backstage tour. Never done any of these tours before so I am looking forward to them.

4 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Thanks @Joe01!

CD Mike from SY also had a few Instagram posts today of Canada Day celebrations on board. Happy to see that Royal is acknowledging it.

I've been watching a couple you tube vlogs on vision last year in Europe.  One couple posted the celebration for Canada day... They had a venue reserved, big cake, music and they also had "happy Canada day" on the pool movie screen!  Jane

Please:

Why does nobody use this word anymore? I am seriously frustrated with guests that have no manners in interactions with crew. It really isn't that hard - manners cost nothing. It's a particular demographic that is a frequent offender, but I won't mention who they are for risk of offending.

Will provide some more commentary ASAP. Any questions - ask away.

17 hours ago, Joe01 said:

Please:

Why does nobody use this word anymore? I am seriously frustrated with guests that have no manners in interactions with crew. It really isn't that hard - manners cost nothing. It's a particular demographic that is a frequent offender, but I won't mention who they are for risk of offending.

Will provide some more commentary ASAP. Any questions - ask away.

Have you tried to get off an elevator yet.?! Elevator etiquette classes need to be listed in the Cruise Compass!!!

12 minutes ago, MotleyCruiser said:

Have you tried to get off an elevator yet.?! Elevator etiquette classes need to be listed in the Cruise Compass!!!

They should! As should parenting classes, but that's another conversation...?

The elevator etiquette that I don't get is when people take the elevator up or down one deck. Marc called them out on the Morning Show - finally someone mentioned it.

Edited by Joe01

16 hours ago, Skid said:

And it's not just "please". I can't even count how many times we've held a door open for someone (or 2 or a whole family) and don't get a thank you. Sometimes I yell out "YOU'RE WELCOME!". 

I yell that all the time.  Even at people in the office building I work in (one woman will not go near the door if she sees me coming in the morning because I yelled at her).  Not saying please & thank you is my biggest pet peeve. 

4th of July party, 90's party and Love and Marriage all tonight! Going to be an interesting night, although would have been better if they were spread out.

Happy cruising to all on the Anthem GC, although I'm not jealous given that I am on a cruise and I would take Harmony over Anthem any day unless Harmony was sinking.

Had a nice day in St Maarten today. Just went around the port. I like the boat ride to the town centre. Nicer port than St Thomas or St Kitts, not as good as CocoCay or Labadee.

2nd Fourth of July party in a row that I have walked out of.

Too loud for me. The Cruise Directors on both SY and HM did their best but it is too chaotic. 

Am I the only person that loathes the 4th of July party? 

90's night and L&M still on the agenda.

On 7/3/2019 at 4:52 PM, MaryS said:

I yell that all the time.  Even at people in the office building I work in (one woman will not go near the door if she sees me coming in the morning because I yelled at her).  Not saying please & thank you is my biggest pet peeve. 

I couldn't love this post any more....

5 hours ago, Joe01 said:

Had a nice day in St Maarten today. Just went around the port. I like the boat ride to the town centre. Nicer port than St Thomas or St Kitts, not as good as CocoCay or Labadee.

Enjoying your reviews!

Did you take the water taxi?  Was there a long wait to get on?