Do I book unlimited dining for my 12 year old?

Hi all,

My family is taking our first RCL cruise on the Harmony April 2020. Our only two cruises were on Disney so this is new for us. We are considering the unlimited dining so we can try all the specialty restaurants. My children are 15 and 12 and I am wondering what to do about our 12 year old. She typically eats off adult menus and has a particular liking for expensive steaks. ? Do I book her a dining package if she wants to eat off the adult menu?

Thanks in advance for the help!

1 hour ago, Bmederson said:

Hi all,

My family is taking our first RCL cruise on the Harmony April 2020. Our only two cruises were on Disney so this is new for us. We are considering the unlimited dining so we can try all the specialty restaurants. My children are 15 and 12 and I am wondering what to do about our 12 year old. She typically eats off adult menus and has a particular liking for expensive steaks. ? Do I book her a dining package if she wants to eat off the adult menu?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Yes if she wants to eat off the adult menu you need to buy her a package. The only way to get kid pricing is if they eat off the kids menu which trust me if she likes nice steaks she will not be happy with the kids menus. They are all just chicken fingers, burgers, and Mac and cheese etc.. 

I am the exact opposite. I have a 16 and 15. The 16 DD is a foodie and eats everything. She can’t wait for the SUSHI. We got the UDP for the 3 of us. 

My 15 DS is special needs and eats in the hot dog and chicken finger food groups. 

I didn’t buy UDP for him. I emailed special services and they spoke with the restaurants ahead of time and said he could sit with us as a non eater. But I was wondering if the kids menu may be an option for him. 

Could I just have the $10 kid price for him?

3 hours ago, JoeFan said:

I am the exact opposite. I have a 16 and 15. The 16 DD is a foodie and eats everything. She can’t wait for the SUSHI. We got the UDP for the 3 of us. 

My 15 DS is special needs and eats in the hot dog and chicken finger food groups. 

I didn’t buy UDP for him. I emailed special services and they spoke with the restaurants ahead of time and said he could sit with us as a non eater. But I was wondering if the kids menu may be an option for him. 

Could I just have the $10 kid price for him?

I would email the same people you emailed the first time and ask this. The worst they could say is no.. I would also email the special needs department and explain your situation and see if that gets you anywhere..