Rental car return at Cape Canaveral

Just now, Mhl76 said:

Other then Lyft or Uber, do you recommend any other car service for a party of 6? We used Happy Limo company in the past and it was good enough.

Whenever I've need to get to/from Port Canaveral (and did not have my own car) I've rented a car. Granted, this was in a time before Lyft/Uber and I'd much rather do that now to avoid having to deal with the car rental pickup/dropoff office.

I've heard good things about Happy Limo as well, so you're in good company to use them.

I have returned a car to Alamo and walked to the ship, after dropping family and luggage off at the terminal.  Will be doing it again in 21 days! I estimate it to be around a 10 minute walk.  Enterprise  and Alamo kinda share office space so using either agency would work.  

Edited by Hutcherl

Fwiw, National is in the same building as Alamo and Enterprise.  If your ship leaves from CT1 its a half mile walk from the terminal.  If you're "lucky" enough to be leaving from another terminal you will need to take the shuttle.  There is also a Race Trac gas station just outside the port where you can fill up before you drop off your return.  And, If you need to rent a car when you get back the offices open at 7am most days.

Car Rental.jpg

10 hours ago, Grenadyr said:

Fwiw, National is in the same building as Alamo and Enterprise.  If your ship leaves from CT1 its a half mile walk from the terminal.  If you're "lucky" enough to be leaving from another terminal you will need to take the shuttle.  There is also a Race Trac gas station just outside the port where you can fill up before you drop off your return.  And, If you need to rent a car when you get back the offices open at 7am most days.

Car Rental.jpg

Very Good info.  I didn’t remember National being in that space.  Also, I guess it depends on your terminal.  I have always been lucky enough to be in CT1 and pretty sure Harmony will be there in 20 days

Looks like 5 minutes away down A1A. 

Fwiw, we booked a mid-size from Orlando through National for our upcoming cruise in November and it came to $62 plus taxes.

Also, looks like the toll  situation for Florida is a bit complicated and potentially expensive when you pay through your car rental agency.  They're offering a temporary toll pass that hangs from your mirror like a handicapped hanger that will charge your tolls directly to your own credit card.  They're trying it out this summer and have people at the Orlando airport to get you setup.  You can even hold onto it for your return trip to the airport if needed and just return it at the airport.  Might be worth checking out.

Visitor Toll Pass