Lost Wallet at MCO airport

I just returned from a vacation(not a cruise ?) and I lost my wallet in the MCO airport so I was hoping that with all of the cruise travelers here someone might have some advice

I contacted the airport and left Emails, VM's, and even tweets to MO airport lost and found and so far no luck. I'm hoping that once the weekend is over I might hear rom someone - has this happened to anyone before and were you able to get in touch with someone that helped to get your lost item back??

I have put locks on all of my CC so far but im hoping I can get the wallet back so I don't need to get new everything

thanks 

I think you're going about it correctly, but I'd cancel all your cards and start getting new ones re-issued. I know it's not what you want to hear, but it's the most practical thing, especially since you cannot go down there and canvas the area.

Thanks Matt

im thinking the same, grr. I was hoping someone was successful in contacting lost and found directly without a VM. but I don't think that's possible - im guessing its like the warehouse in Raiders of the lost arc and my wallet is in there SOMEWHERE!!!!

thanks

1 hour ago, Metphan714 said:

I just returned from a vacation(not a cruise ?) and I lost my wallet in the MCO airport so I was hoping that with all of the cruise travelers here someone might have some advice

I contacted the airport and left Emails, VM's, and even tweets to MO airport lost and found and so far no luck. I'm hoping that once the weekend is over I might hear rom someone - has this happened to anyone before and were you able to get in touch with someone that helped to get your lost item back??

I have put locks on all of my CC so far but im hoping I can get the wallet back so I don't need to get new everything

thanks 

Do you know where you might have left it? If it was possibly at security, I would make sure to include which checkpoint you were at when speaking to them (or leaving a VM). It’s not MCO, but the experience I have with airport lost and found is a laptop left at TSA security at PHL and it ended up that those checkpoints had a separate lost and found than the airport. When the CEO I work for told me where he left his laptop I had the fun task of chasing it down at the airport and I ended up meeting someone at the actual checkpoint rather than their main lost and found office. Shockingly, we were able to find and recover it so there may still be hope. 

I did let them know that the last place I saw it was at the main 'hub' of terminal A - I even called the Hudson news and Starbucks that I went to, to see if they had it but nothing 

still hoping!! 

maybe if they find it they can hold it for me until Aug when I go back to MCO for a  cruise!! 

I hate to be Debby Downer, but what is the chance it was pickpocketed? Assuming you checked the last place you remember using it, I am afraid that might have happened. I am sure that's a helpless feeling. I had my purse stolen when I was on a trip. It happens.?

BTW it might be a hassle but ask the airport to check security cameras in the checkpoints and shops you visited. They are everywhere.

16 hours ago, Mljstr said:

I hate to be Debby Downer, but what is the chance it was pickpocketed? Assuming you checked the last place you remember using it, I am afraid that might have happened. I am sure that's a helpless feeling. I had my purse stolen when I was on a trip. It happens.?

BTW it might be a hassle but ask the airport to check security cameras in the checkpoints and shops you visited. They are everywhere.

I also thought of that and put all of my cards on 'lock' but not cancelled and they are supposed to alert me if any one tries to use them. and I've been looking and haven't seen any activity, so im hoping that means it wasn't taken. I would think that if you were going to steal it you would try to use it before it gets locked/cancelled. 

I will call tomorrow and ask about the cameras - only response I have gotten so far was from the MCO twitter account but they only passed along the same info to the lost and found that I already emailed

thanks everyone for the advice!

When did you notice that you were missing it? Was it at a point at MCO where you needed it? Otherwise, you may have lost it outside of the airport or even in your car. If you noticed that you were missing it at the airport, well then my points are removed. I hope you find it.

51 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

When did you notice that you were missing it? Was it at a point at MCO where you needed it? Otherwise, you may have lost it outside of the airport or even in your car. If you noticed that you were missing it at the airport, well then my points are removed. I hope you find it.

I noticed it when I arrived in my destination and needed to get the card for the parking fee. 

12 minutes ago, Mljstr said:

It’s possible if it was stolen that they just wanted cash and your ID knowing you would cancel cards. My purse was stolen twice and both times that’s what they wanted. 

well that's a bit more ominous! now I really need to talk to the security people

thanks for the advice