Excursions

Mitch

I've been listening to Matt on YouTube. He recommends or says to try some excursions that are not offered from RCCL.  I have a fear that I don't know who to trust. Can anyone give advise on who they have used while in Hawaii.

I have another question. Where do I go to make sure that I have all the documents I will need. I hear horror stories of people arriving and not having a document/paper they need to board.

11 hours ago, Mitch said:

Where do I go to make sure that I have all the documents I will need.

I'll make it simple: all you need is a valid passport and a credit card. Literally everything else can be replaced/reproduced.

11 hours ago, Mitch said:

He recommends or says to try some excursions that are not offered from RCCL.  I have a fear that I don't know who to trust.

They key to using third party excursions is to research them and look for first-hand reviews of that excursion. Inevitably, the companies to use are the ones that regularly service cruise guests you ought to be able to find reviews.

Moreover, make sure you pad your time.  The key to third party excursions is time management. If all-aboard time is 5pm, I would plan to be back to the ship no later than 2 or 3pm. That way, you have a couple hours of padding to guard against unforeseen travel delays.

We have booked several third party excursions.. Remember that using a third party tour company is at your own risk. With that being said,  These companies thrive on the cruise industry and will do everything in their power to get you back to your ship on time. They don't want a bad review on Yelp, Trip Advisor etc..   

Just make sure that when you book through them that you give yourself at least two hours to get back to the ship..