Awesome Pricing on the Empress !!

WAAAYTOOO

Wow !  I just called and booked a 5 day to Cozumel and Costa Maya in an aft Owner's Suite on the Empress for April 2016.

They had special Crown & Anchor pricing which came out to 58% off.  This beats the heck out of the Club Royale discount (usually 43%) that I usually get.

The good news is that the C&A discounts are available to everyone [who is a C&A member] so everyone should be able to take advantage of a nice price.  I'm D+ so not sure every C&A level will be the same % off but I suspect that the pricing is pretty nice for all C&A levels.

When you can book an OS for less than $2000 (including taxes, port fees and gratuities !) you're doing pretty good !  ...even if it is only 5 nights !

I can't remember whether the VOOM is going to be complimentary on this ship or not.  Too many new, old ships to keep up !

empress discount.pdf

Defn some great pricing.....I wish I could book something...but with 3 cruises already booked and a big one in April, plus our dollar exchange at over 40% doesn't look like I will be doing any more bookings till the fall...

I really want to get on this ship..love the ports of call, and great pricing not to mention the excitement out there for this ship coming back to the fleet it seems.

Wow !  I just called and booked a 5 day to Cozumel and Costa Maya in an aft Owner's Suite on the Empress for April 2016.

They had special Crown & Anchor pricing which came out to 58% off.  This beats the heck out of the Club Royale discount (usually 43%) that I usually get.

The good news is that the C&A discounts are available to everyone [who is a C&A member] so everyone should be able to take advantage of a nice price.  I'm D+ so not sure every C&A level will be the same % off but I suspect that the pricing is pretty nice for all C&A levels.

When you can book an OS for less than $2000 (including taxes, port fees and gratuities !) you're doing pretty good !  ...even if it is only 5 nights !

I can't remember whether the VOOM is going to be complimentary on this ship or not.  Too many new, old ships to keep up !

If Matt hasn't twisted your arm to report back to us often mid-cruise; l am most certainly expecting a full recap posting when you return!

Looks like they are doing some different things with Empress...early boarding/departure.....and "Sunday brunch" everyday with free bloody mary or mimosa......and sounds like its going to be an active and happening ship...or that's what they are trying to sell it as....I am defn intrigued even more now to book!

I was able to get an even BETTER price on my April 11 sailing on Empress.  For reasons which elude me, the base price of the cruise went up slightly but the C&A discounts went up an additional $66 so now instead of a 58% savings, it's up to 62%.  It just keeps gettin' better and better !

empress discount 2.pdf

The *only* reason we're not booking one of the 3 (thus far) overnighters in Cozumel is because we've got two booked next year already.  If I didn't have the expense of flying the four of us to Florida, it would be a no-brainer.  $2K for an owners suite...wow!

I can sympathize.  I had a hard decision to make.  I had already booked the Liberty in August (and of course, I am going on the Blog group cruise on the Allure in Feb) and I also have a Christmas and New Year's 2016/2017 cruise booked on the Navigator so something had to give.  We chatted about whether to keep the Liberty Owner's Suite or the Empress Owner's Suite and there just wasn't really anything to think about in the end.  The Empress worked out to $153.90 PP/PD and the Liberty would have been $254.57 PP/PD.  Obviously, Liberty is a much newer and much larger ship but the Empress will be a new experience.  Both had virtually the same itinerary (Liberty went to Roatan in addition to Costa Maya and Cozumel...but I never get off the ship in Roatan...long story) so aside from 2 more days on the ship - which is ALWAYS a good thing - the Empress is just too good a deal to pass up.  Airfare to Houston and to Miami were almost identical.  Besides...south Texas in August ?  What was I thinking ?!

Merry Christmas everyone !

I can sympathize.  I had a hard decision to make.

I was torn... we have a 7 day on Vision in early April; do we cancel that and do the overnighter in Cozumel??? We really want to go to Chichen Itza, but it's a long trip that would eat up all the time we'd have in port, so the Empress sailings would be ideal for that.

This will only be our second Western Caribbean cruise, and all but Cozumel are new ports for us (Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya, and Cozumel on this run). We elected to stick with Vision and do the Chichen Itza excursion this trip since I don't know when we'll be sailing that side of the Caribbean again. We're mostly Southern Caribbean visitors.  Plus, the airfare wasn't refundable...that was the biggest factor.

• 4 weeks later...

I was able to get an even BETTER price on my April 11 sailing on Empress.  For reasons which elude me, the base price of the cruise went up slightly but the C&A discounts went up an additional $66 so now instead of a 58% savings, it's up to 62%.  It just keeps gettin' better and better !

I also took advantage of the amazing deals when they came out and am glad we did!!  Booked a junior suite on B2b starting April 7th.  Over 60% off as well.  CRAZY!  Looks like we will be sailing at the same time!  I had an aft suite booked originally as well, but decided to switch to closer to the centrum after reading about people up by the rock wall being able to look right down on the balcony's back there.  There is such little solid info on the room sizes, amenities, etc.  I will send in a room tour when we return as well so at least the people in the future might have a little more info about the ship and rooms than we have had available.  The website and people at RC say that the suites have bathrooms with tubs, but from the research i have done I believe that to be highly unlikely.  Also, the sizes they have listed for the suites are inflated from what gather.  This will be my 8th RC cruise but will be by far the smallest ship I've ever been on.  Voyager was the previous smallest.  Im hoping that we won't get bored being on for 9 nights!  Have you had any luck with cruise planner for anything?  I have not been able to get any dining or beverage things to work at all! Thanks in advance for any info you may have that i do not.

Adam