Tokyo to Seattle - Ovation 2021

ScooterScott22

The itinerary was just released this week while we were sailing.  It is a Tokyo, Russia and Alaska trans - pacific ending in Seattle.  We talked to a few people, besides us, that have already booked.  Anyone else on the 2 year plan for this one?

I’ll bump this in probably a year and a half when it is more reasonable to find out who is going.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Giving this thread a bump and update.

A few months ago we were about the one year to go.  Now this cruise is down to single digits for months.

We had decided to stick with this cruise back at the one year to go mark.  We even booked our flight and had a nice find on business class to Tokyo with miles.  We were waiting to book hotels as there seemed to be too many question marks.  And things continued to evolve.  With rising cases and travel bans by other countries on the US we made the difficult decision to switch this to a Trans-Pacific in 2022.  So our room is open but the cost is almost double the rate we booked at in the opening days.  

If anyone does happen to go on this cruise and it does sail, I would love to see a trip report or hear how it went.

On 8/10/2020 at 9:24 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Scott, have you looked into a L&S ?  I'm not sure what month in 2021 this sailing is....but  @twangster and I are both on the Ovation TP from Sydney - HNL....and will be booking the next leg to Seattle or Vancouver...wherever it ends up going - when those itins come out.

2021 or 2022?  Not sure that Australia will be accepting foreign visitors, especially from the US within the next 9 months.  

It came down to Ovation or Quantum and the only difference was on left on Sunday and the other on Monday.  We L&S’ed to Quantum Sydney - Honolulu leaving on the Monday.  Figured that give us the Sunday for checking out Sydney if we get stuck with taking a Friday flight due to the work week. If you both are leaving the day before and we can get the right room ?, maybe we could move again.  Not sure what the rules are once you move things.  

6 minutes ago, ScooterScott22 said:

2021 or 2022?

We start off on Ovation on March 30, 2022 with an 11 night New Zealand cruise and return to Sydney on April 10 for a 16 night TP to Honolulu.  We will also be booking the Honolulu-Seattle (or Vancouver....wherever it’s going) once that itin comes out.  Dan and I are planning on staying on for the first Alaska Cruise....so, 4 legs in all (2 of which have yet to be booked).

On 8/11/2020 at 11:58 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

We start off on Ovation on March 30, 2022 with an 11 night New Zealand cruise and return to Sydney on April 10 for a 16 night TP to Honolulu.  We will also be booking the Honolulu-Seattle (or Vancouver....wherever it’s going) once that itin comes out.  Dan and I are planning on staying on for the first Alaska Cruise....so, 4 legs in all (2 of which have yet to be booked).

Wow, 4 b2b that sounds awesome!!!!!!  Hope you guys have a great time.

Wish we would have known before we did the L&S to the Monday on Quantum.  We were trying to decide which Sydney - Honolulu to take and it didn’t really matter at the time.  I did look at the rooms to see about switchIng and it looks like 10720 was the only one left on the Ovation sailing.  We probably are not going to change since right now because we have 8724, and you sold us on that stateroom.  So unless 8324 or 8724 opens up we are locked in place.  We’ll just have to wave bon voyage to you from the Sydney shoreline.

1 hour ago, ScooterScott22 said:

Wow, 4 b2b that sounds awesome!!!!!!  Hope you guys have a great time.

Wish we would have known before we did the L&S to the Monday on Quantum.  We were trying to decide which Sydney - Honolulu to take and it didn’t really matter at the time.  I did look at the rooms to see about switchIng and it looks like 10720 was the only one left on the Ovation sailing.  We probably are not going to change since right now because we have 8724, and you sold us on that stateroom.  So unless 8324 or 8724 opens up we are locked in place.  We’ll just have to wave bon voyage to you from the Sydney shoreline.

Definitely do not switch to 10720...you are far better off on deck 8 in the middle suites.  Who knows....things change every day !!

Dan and I are going to Sydney a few days early so that we can see a little bit of Australia before we set sail so maybe we can all get together before anyone leaves.  I'm sure we could sweet talk @twangster into arriving a day or so early.