best way without booking bev package to order wine

No purely wine packages available, but you are able to bring on 2 750mL bottles of wine per stateroom and you can order wine by the glass as well and pay for it a la carte. For the wine you bring on the ship, you are welcome to bring a glass of that around the ship with you. There are no restrictions about only consuming it in your stateroom. 

As a NB: welcome to the forums! Quick friendly note going forward - you will probably get more responses if you make your subject something descriptive rather than your name. Something like “Wine Packages?” Or “Wine without beverage package”

Depending on how much wine you drink, and the price you are able to find on the beverage package, it might work out well for you.  I don't drink any hard liquor, but i do enjoy wine, particularly with dinner.   On vacation, i also enjoy a mimosa during the day occasionally.  On our last cruise, I found that our family more than broke even with the beverage package at $47-wine by the glass averages $10 to $12 per glass.  Three glasses gets you to $36.   I also hydrate a lot and water bottles were around $3, so three bottles of water and three glasses of wine gets you pretty close to the break even point.  My husband loves lattes, and they are also included, so he more than broke even.  I also really liked not having to stress about how much we were spending.  

5 hours ago, spiralqueen said:

No purely wine packages available, but you are able to bring on 2 750mL bottles of wine per stateroom and you can order wine by the glass as well and pay for it a la carte. For the wine you bring on the ship, you are welcome to bring a glass of that around the ship with you. There are no restrictions about only consuming it in your stateroom. 

As a NB: welcome to the forums! Quick friendly note going forward - you will probably get more responses if you make your subject something descriptive rather than your name. Something like “Wine Packages?” Or “Wine without beverage package”

When I read the fine print for our cruiseeit said you could not bring wine on. Has anyone done it recently  o  symphony?

@Marlena  Maybe what it was inferring in the fine print is that while you are on the cruise you cannot bring any bottles of alcohol to your cabin, including wine that was purchased in the port.  In that case they confiscate it and will hold it for you until the end of the cruise.  Or the fine print might be alluding to you cannot place wine in your checked in luggage.  All luggage will be scanned.

I doubt Symphony is not  following that policy.  My set sail docs for my July sailing (adventure) states I can take 2 750 bottles of wine or champagne, no beer or hard alcohol in my carry on luggage.   My cousin just returned last month from her Anthem sailing and she took 2 bottles of champagne.

• Matt changed the title to best way without booking bev package to order wine
7 hours ago, Marlena said:

When I read the fine print for our cruiseeit said you could not bring wine on. Has anyone done it recently  o  symphony?

You should be fine....Current FAQ on RCI website states:

On boarding day, guests may bring onboard two (2) 750 ml bottles of personal wine or champagne per stateroom in their carry-on luggage. If more than two bottles of wine or champagne are brought onboard, including any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or in our onboard shops, they will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on your last day onboard.

Guests on consecutive cruises may bring two (2) 750 ml bottles of personal wine or champagne per voyage, per stateroom. Additional bottles will be stored by the ship and two bottles at a time will be delivered to the stateroom on the first day of each new voyage. Guests bringing more than two bottles at the start of the first sailing should have documentation for any consecutive sailings available to share with security on boarding day.

Also remember if you bring on your own wine, that you "MAY" be subject to a corkage fee should you wish to consume your wine in a restaurant.  Personally I feel the corkage fee is fine since the cruise will be responsible for your wine and hold onto it if you dont finish the entire bottle during your meal.  So if you have one glass with a meal, you can have it at a future meal without needing to keep it in your stateroom.  

Experience with the corkage fee miles may vary though.  Many people have not been charged the corkage fee, but some have been as well, so I'd expect to pay the corkage fee, and if they dont charge you, its a delightful surprise

11 hours ago, ThyriC said:

Also remember if you bring on your own wine, that you "MAY" be subject to a corkage fee should you wish to consume your wine in a restaurant.  Personally I feel the corkage fee is fine since the cruise will be responsible for your wine and hold onto it if you dont finish the entire bottle during your meal.  So if you have one glass with a meal, you can have it at a future meal without needing to keep it in your stateroom.  

Experience with the corkage fee miles may vary though.  Many people have not been charged the corkage fee, but some have been as well, so I'd expect to pay the corkage fee, and if they dont charge you, its a delightful surprise

I recall reading the corkage fee on Anthems was $25 .