Visby, Sweden

Tira04

I'm going on a 7 night Baltic cruise in July on the Serenade of the Seas. Our last port of the cruise is Visby, Sweden. Has anyone else stopped there? From what I can see online it's a small town on Gotland and we're docked from 9am to 7pm - I'm not sure how we'll fill the time!

Is it possible to go on any hikes from the town? Or any other recommendations?

• 3 weeks later...

I`m from Sweden but not from Gotland, I think you can definitely fill the time there. Visby is a cosy and beautiful town with lots of shops, cafés, bars and restaurants. Dont forget to walk around the ringwall or "Ringmuren" in swedish. it´s about 3.5 kilometers around and it was built in the 12th century, also the botanical garden is pretty nice to stroll through.

And if you want a meal with a view I can recommend restaurant Krönet, you cant book a table though and it can be quite full in july. 

Maybe you can get more ideas from here: https://gotland.com/en/visit/articles-guides/visby-4-hours/

On 6/12/2019 at 9:16 AM, Kanelbulle said:

I`m from Sweden but not from Gotland, I think you can definitely fill the time there. Visby is a cosy and beautiful town with lots of shops, cafés, bars and restaurants. Dont forget to walk around the ringwall or "Ringmuren" in swedish. it´s about 3.5 kilometers around and it was built in the 12th century, also the botanical garden is pretty nice to stroll through.

And if you want a meal with a view I can recommend restaurant Krönet, you cant book a table though and it can be quite full in july. 

Maybe you can get more ideas from here: https://gotland.com/en/visit/articles-guides/visby-4-hours/

Excellent! Thank you for the restaurant recommendation and weblink! 

• 2 years later...
On 6/12/2019 at 3:16 AM, Kanelbulle said:

I know this is an old topic, but I have the same question about my July 2022 trip!  I hope the Kronet Restaurant is still in business!