DELUXE BEVERAGE PACKAGE AND VOOM ONE DEVICE

Hello Again 

Newbie cruiser here. I am very confused at the Voom internet as well as how it is combined with the drinks package. In our state room we have two adults that will both be getting this. Does this mean we each get one device that will be connected to the internet or does this mean that one device in the state room gets connected to the internet. 

Thanks

Hi @leesam82. If you each get the Deluxe Beverage Package with VOOM, then each of you gets a code to connect one device.  Do you note that that device can be changed as you see fit; phone during the day, then laptop or tablet before bed. Just log the first device off the network before trying to connect a new one.

You may want to compare the cost of two of those combo packages against the cost of two regular Deluxe Beverage Packages and a two-device VOOM package bought by just one of you. The code is shareable between passengers, so you get the same end result for a potentially lower cost. 

Another approach is to buy the Drink Package + Voom for one person, and just the Drink Package for the other (assuming two adults in the stateroom).  Although there's no way to do that online (that I've seen), you can call Royal and ask them to do it for you.  We did this on a recent 4-night sailing to the Bahamas, and it worked out really well.

3 hours ago, IRMO12HD said:

Another approach is to buy the Drink Package + Voom for one person, and just the Drink Package for the other (assuming two adults in the stateroom).  Although there's no way to do that online (that I've seen), you can call Royal and ask them to do it for you.  We did this on a recent 4-night sailing to the Bahamas, and it worked out really well.

This is what we did also.  One drink package and 1 drink package with Voom.

On 5/24/2019 at 3:07 PM, JLMoran said:

Hi @leesam82. If you each get the Deluxe Beverage Package with VOOM, then each of you gets a code to connect one device.  Do you note that that device can be changed as you see fit; phone during the day, then laptop or tablet before bed. Just log the first device off the network before trying to connect a new one.

Actually you don’t need to log off.  the next device over will just boot the original off...which I can totally attest to since my 16 year old booted me off all the freaking time!  Jane

22 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

Actually you don’t need to log off.  the next device over will just boot the original off...which I can totally attest to since my 16 year old booted me off all the freaking time!  Jane

I’ve read mixed results on this. Some ships/sailings it behaves like you said, while on others the new device shows a notice that the max connections have been made and a device must be logged off. Still, no reason not to try just connecting with the new device and seeing what happens.

On 5/24/2019 at 8:59 PM, Weezie57 said:

I had already purchased the drink package and then decided to purchase Voom.  I called last night to purchase Voom and the rep told me if I wanted to cancel my drink package, he could give me the combo price and save me $20.  Twenty bucks is twenty bucks!

Did the same thing.  Booked black friday prices for next weeks cruise.  Memorial day sale works out to be $3 a day savings for us.  $21 is $21 bucks.

Kind of a hassle to cancel and rebook everything on RC's crappy web site.  But I got it done.  Now just waiting to make sure my refund to my CC gets processed properly.

• 2 years later...
On 5/25/2019 at 4:22 PM, mom2mybugs said:

This is the reason why one should never purchase a multiple device VOOM package and share it with friends on the cruise.  It gets awkward pretty quickly when the friends' kids start logging on their smart devices and kicking you out.  I even advised friends of mine not to share VOOM packages with their WiFi-hogging kids.  You may save on multi-device packages but who can put a price tag on peace and sanity?  

12 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

This is the reason why one should never purchase a multiple device VOOM package and share it with friends on the cruise.

It is ALSO a good reason not to share a plan with your husband !  LOL

We don't share well and the one time we tried this, we were constantly knocking one another off.  Lesson learned.  Everyone gets their own plan so that the only person you knock off is yourself !

1 hour ago, jayson said:

hi there, we r thinking of buying the beverage package with voom for our 2023 cruise to NZ. Can u kindly tell me how much extra would i be paying?

Jayson

The only way to know this is through the Cruise Planner for your specific cruise, ship, and departure date. It's going to be more, but by how much? Nobody knows, or could say.

1 hour ago, jayson said:

hi there, we r thinking of buying the beverage package with voom for our 2023 cruise to NZ. Can u kindly tell me how much extra would i be paying?

To give you an idea, I'm using the current prices for the Wonder inaugural sailing:

image.thumb.png.dc8f18aba8df62dfe93b568bd8a41ee2.png

You will pay an extra $15 to include VOOM to your drink package.  That's a savings of $3.39 per day.

But as other have pointed out, pricing for these packages changes.  Just figure out when you're ready to purchase which gives you the better deal.

• 1 year later...