Ok to bring yeti tumblers (cups) for drinks

8 hours ago, goblues38 said:

For around the pool or at coco cay.  I assume its ok to bring our yeti tumblers too keep cold.  with the ultimate drink package, will the make my drink in my cup, or will I have to transfer on my won?

You can use your own tumblers, and I think for contamination reasons Bartenders wouldn't be able to make it in your cup; but feel free to transfer it yourself 

Yes you can bring but ...  I believe it has to be empty when you go through security both when you first enter the port and each time you board the ship.  As mentioned I think you'll have to transfer all drinks from the bar supplied glass to your cup.  With the ultimate drink package you'll be supplied with a RCL cup that while not as good as a Yeti it is insulated and the bar staff will refill directly for you.  Finally your glass will not work in the freestyle soda machines if they are available on your ship and you just want a non alcoholic drink to carry around.

My wife loves her Yeti cup also but that is one thing she leaves home when we cruise.

hope this helps have a great time.

53 minutes ago, KenCP said:

This kid figured out how to use any cup once you have the package purchased https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAxjfd2Kd4s

I wonder what RC thinks of this. Genuinely curious, its not stealing because you’ve purchased the cup and package but you could also slip that rfid chip to anyone else who didn’t buy a package and let em fill up, which then would be stealing?

2 hours ago, KenCP said:

This kid figured out how to use any cup once you have the package purchased https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAxjfd2Kd4s

Can confirm this works.  I prefer this so I don't have to remember to carry around the cup and I don't have to worry about washing it.

But if I don't feel like going through the trouble of destroying a cup it's just as easy to order my soda at the bar.  I don't drink any of the different flavor options from the Freestyle machines, so it makes it easier.

@CGTLH this might be another reason why they changed the cup design.

My hubby leaves his yeti at home too.  It is just too much of a pain in the arse to drag around all day in his opinion.  Plus, as others have stated they will not fill it your Yeti.  Leave the Yeti at home and bring silicone or metal straws instead.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Sea Turtle said:

I did bring my own cup. Loved that it keeps drink very cold. Yes, had to transfer my beverage, including using their cup for water & ice to pour into mine for sanitary reasons. No big deal. Definitely bring own reusable straws no matter what if you like to have straws with your drink. 

They don’t provide straws onboard?

9 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

They now provide only paper straws.  I'm pretty picky and I found they held up pretty well even in the Frozen drinks.  On the rate time or didn't, I just asked for another straw.  Jane

Thank you!! I know some places don’t provide any at all anymore, so I appreciate the clarification. ?

We set sail in 2 days.