Perfect Day bungalow ? Can I bring my own music?

1st off.  this is my 1st post.  I have been reading these boards for 9 months as a guide to booking an preparing for our cruise on Harmony next week (june 2, 2019). 

My question is this.  Can I bring a portable blue tooth speaker to our rented beach bungalow?  We frequently do beach trips, and a day at the beach is not complete without propper music.  Has anyone done this before?  is it frowned upon?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

We had music playing at ours in March and had no issues.  Just be courteous about the volume level for the sake of your neighbors.

They are pretty close together, vs cabanas that are set further apart which buffers the noise.  I have seen on other forums where posters have stated that their day was ruined because it became an almost 1 up-man ship.  Bungalow 1 is playing music, 2 is too, but different style. 3 is not., 4 is another style.  5 and 6 are not.  Yet, due to proximity 1 can hear 2's music so they raise the volume in their bungalow.  2 retaliates by raising theirs again, and now 4 can't hear their music.  That means 3, 5 and 6 are dealing with hearing 3 different songs at any given time.  

A couple of posters stated that although they were not passengers that liked confrontation, they had to go to the attendant and report 2 bungalows since they were getting headaches just from the music. They stated that while they were there to report them to the attendant another family came up to report this too.

I am not confrontational, so I would probably be silent and just regret that I ever booked a cabana and would never do it again.   I am a Jersey shore girl so I know that whole beach feel with music and I enjoy it to a point.  However, I will also say that we are traveling with a family member who has no problem with confrontation.  We (hubby and I) are paying for the cabana ($449 Chill) and they will be our guests.  This family member will be the 1 to complain, even if nobody else is having an issue.  He will act as if he paid the $$$, which he isn't.

9 hours ago, goblues38 said:

1st off.  this is my 1st post.  I have been reading these boards for 9 months as a guide to booking an preparing for our cruise on Harmony next week (june 2, 2019). 

My question is this.  Can I bring a portable blue tooth speaker to our rented beach bungalow?  We frequently do beach trips, and a day at the beach is not complete without propper music.  Has anyone done this before?  is it frowned upon?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

To be honest, I agree with @Pima1988 that it could very easily become a problem. There are people who take a cruise to drink and party,  but there are as many who hope for some peace. The Bungalows are very close together, I can’t imagine music would not be heard by neighbors unless it is extremely low (and who takes a speaker who is intending to play it that low?). And while I could go talk to someone who was interrupting our day (not an inexpensive one I might add), it would not make my vacation better that I had to deal with that (especially since too many adults become defensive or even angry when someone else is assertive but polite in making even a reasonable request).

My smart, loving mother always said to us “Your rights end where my nose begins” and I have always thought that was the perfect way to view “rights” - there are so many people who think it’s their right to do this or that thing, but when what we want to do impacts others then their rights to be free from us and our actions trump our needs (“rights”). I am not saying that is just for this issue, it applies to everything in life. My personal feeling is that if we consider other people’s rights as quickly as we think about what we want, we would all be a lot better off.