When is it OK to switch travel agents?

3 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes, I certainly think it would be an opportunity to do that !

MEI Travel

May I recommend Michelle Cunningham ?

[email protected]'

703-986-0661

Wow, thanks, @WAAAYTOOO , that's just the information I needed. I'll call her now. Thanks also to @mworkman , I can't ignore two votes (that makes it unanimous!)

1 hour ago, tiny blonde said:

I spoke w. Michelle and she was very helpful. I think I'm going to keep my April booking and I'll definitely use MEI for my next cruise (and I think there's going to be a next cruise!!! ? )

Thanks for supporting our sponsor!

15 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I work with a different MEI agent (Stephanie H) and she's been great.  I've also met Annette on the group cruises and she is tons of fun as well.  You really can't go wrong using MEI..they will answer any questions you have and help you through the entire process if you need it.

I couldn't agree more .... Although, I've only ever worked with @michelle - the way folks here on this board talk about the others, I don't think there's a bad one in the bunch.

This blog is the friendliest, most helpful and upbeat source of useful information anywhere! Thank you all. I'm proud to be about to become Loyal to Royal (I think I have to actually take my first cruise in order to qualify.)! But you have answered all my questions . . . . . . so far. ? 

I was really happy to be connected with Sharla when I used the link to MEI from this site, our agent retired a few years ago, and while booking on my own is fine, it leaves everything up to me, and with other family booking the same week as us, I don't have to work out their details for them.  Priceless!  

But switching agents is like switching hairdressers, it can feel awkward! 

29 minutes ago, Mrs. RoyalMoyal said:

I was really happy to be connected with Sharla when I used the link to MEI from this site, our agent retired a few years ago, and while booking on my own is fine, it leaves everything up to me, and with other family booking the same week as us, I don't have to work out their details for them.  Priceless!  

But switching agents is like switching hairdressers, it can feel awkward! 

LOL, I do know just what you mean! I've connected with Michelle and will be loyal to her, when I am in position to make the switch to MEI - for my next cruise! Changing hairdressers was a little harder . . . . . but I just failed to make a next appointment (hee hee).

Guest toodle68

Anthem was delayed on the 5/18 cruise and we met a couple who used some TA and had no idea the departure was delayed. I got a call, text, email and email from Michelle. 

To be honest, I have never seen the need for a TA and not used one since the early 90's.. but I did switch my bookings to Michelle last year and it has been nice to be able to email someone with questions and get a response quickly.

24 minutes ago, toodle68 said:

Anthem was delayed on the 5/18 cruise and we met a couple who used some TA and had no idea the departure was delayed. I got a call, text, email and email from Michelle. 

To be honest, I have never seen the need for a TA and not used one since the early 90's.. but I did switch my bookings to Michelle last year and it has been nice to be able to email someone with questions and get a response quickly.

I’m very happy that I switched to Michelle for my future bookings. For my Allure May sailing the only reason I knew about the St Thomas to San Juan itinerary change was because of message boards and roll calls. I don’t always get Royal emails reliably and I never heard a peep from my online mass market TA that I used for that cruise. Old TA was good about giving us a ton of OBC, but you really saw then how much them giving you a chunk of their commission back impacts service and communication. 

2 hours ago, spiralqueen said:

I’m very happy that I switched to Michelle for my future bookings. For my Allure May sailing the only reason I knew about the St Thomas to San Juan itinerary change was because of message boards and roll calls. I don’t always get Royal emails reliably and I never heard a peep from my online mass market TA that I used for that cruise. Old TA was good about giving us a ton of OBC, but you really saw then how much them giving you a chunk of their commission back impacts service and communication. 

In the Allure situation lots of TA's and passengers weren't notified by Royal; myself and my TA included.  Like you said, if not for the forums many of us would still be in the dark so we can hold that one against the TA's.  I got lucky and discovered a good TA but glad you found one as well with Michelle.    

1 hour ago, Mr. Candyman said:

In the Allure situation lots of TA's and passengers weren't notified by Royal; myself and my TA included.  Like you said, if not for the forums many of us would still be in the dark so we can hold that one against the TA's.  I got lucky and discovered a good TA but glad you found one as well with Michelle.    

Oh wow, I didn’t realize that the TAs were kept in the dark too! I mean she was annoying to deal with for other reasons and always made me feel like I was inconveniencing her if I asked her to check on a price adjustment for me so I’m happy either way to have switched to Michelle, but I will erase one of the mental strikes I have against that old TA. 

14 minutes ago, spiralqueen said:

Oh wow, I didn’t realize that the TAs were kept in the dark too! I mean she was annoying to deal with for other reasons and always made me feel like I was inconveniencing her if I asked her to check on a price adjustment for me so I’m happy either way to have switched to Michelle, but I will erase one of the mental strikes I have against that old TA. 

Yeah when I called to ask my TA, he had no idea and was puzzled why he hadn't gotten any notification.  I figured it was still fresh news and everyone just hadn't been notified.  To this day, I still haven't received an email about it from Royal but I did notice the itinerary update in my cruise planner.