Need advice - when should I go?

I'm booked Tampa to Cozumel in April, and it occurred to me that it's very hot around Cuba and Mexico in April, and I don't tolerate heat well. March is out because all the colleges have Spring break in March. So I thought I'd switch to a late February cruise. But is it very cold on the water from Tampa to Cozumel in February? Please advise. Thanks.

Hi @tiny blonde.  My husband and I have cruised every January to Cozumel from Tampa for the last 4 years.  This year it was upper 70s to low 80s in Cozumel.  This picture was taken with the Brilliance in the background on 1/19/19.  It was a beautiful day!  We have run into "wind" issues on the way there or back though.  There have been times when the pools were closed due to the ship rocking.  I would say it has been hit or miss with smooth seas for us in January.  I would think in late February, you would see these same temperatures, maybe even a little warmer.

IMG_3519.jpg

8 minutes ago, tiny blonde said:

Thanks, @Dawn T. . That's a beautiful photo! We're going on the Brilliance, too. Why do you and your husband always choose January, given that it's cool and windy?

We like a post holiday trip.  The wind doesn't bother us.  It isn't noticeable to us while on the ship.  It has been such a nice getaway for us that we keep doing it.  ? We love the Brilliance, and we love sailing out of Tampa.  We did switch it up for January 2020 though.  We are sailing out of Port Canaveral on the Mariner. 

54 minutes ago, Matt said:

Definitely not. It's warm in Feb. The difference is the humidity is not oppressive yet.

Thanks, Matt. I'm thinking of changing it to February - same ship, even same stateroom, from what I can see. As you know, I plan to spend as much time on our little balcony as possible. So I'm hoping for warm sunshine. I'm just concerned that it will be too cold on the balcony in February. But by Friday morning I imagine we'd be south of Key West and into the tropical temps . . . . would you hazard a guess what it will be like on those two sea days in February? For me to be sitting out on the balcony all day?