Cruise planner discounts or Diamond discount perks?

You may want to review this strategy and make a decision:  https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2018/01/04/cruise-hack-maximize-voom-internet-discount-diamond-members-or-above

I think it works out better to do one Voom/Deluxe package and one standalone Deluxe package and then buy the Voom onboard with the Diamond discount, especially for the 3-night sailings.

I’ll have to see if it will allow me to do one voom/deluxe and one deluxe but it appears the way the have the discount on the deluxe only is a buy one get the other @50% off   My cost a two of each now is 

voom/deluxe $428.36

deluxe only. 368.16

I just went through this exercise for my upcoming Mariner cruise. Originally I bought a 2-device plan for me and my wife, but my wife reminded me as Diamond Plus we each get 2 days free, which makes the Voom package pre-purchase not worth it.

You mentioned being Diamond, so you get one free day. I think if you combine the strategy that @AshleyDillo outlined, you will do better to wait to book onboard.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

I just went through this exercise for my upcoming Mariner cruise. Originally I bought a 2-device plan for me and my wife, but my wife reminded me as Diamond Plus we each get 2 days free, which makes the Voom package pre-purchase not worth it.

You mentioned being Diamond, so you get one free day. I think if you combine the strategy that @AshleyDillo outlined, you will do better to wait to book onboard.

So thinking just do the deluxe package pre cruise $368.16 and deal with Voom once onboard with diamond perks and strategy. 

Diamond discount is going to be $23

Voom for Surf and Stream is $20 and for Surf $16.

Running the math with discount: $37 for Surf and Stream, $25 for Surf.

Only other wild card is if the ship runs any discounts the first day on Voom. Example on Mariner in March they ran either 20 or 30% off the first day that could be combined with the loyalty discount.