Navigator or Mariner for Bachelor party group in high 20’s?

Hey Guys! All and any input greatly appreciated! so I’m looking to book a weekend vacation for 6-8 guys celebrating bachelor party in a month on either the Navigator of the Seas leaving from Miami or the Mariner of the Seas leaving from Orlando. I have 3 basic questions for anyone that’s sailed on both recently since I know they both had some serious renovations.

1. Is there any advantage for guys our age group to book on one vs the other (either based on ship or departing port or ship condition)? 

2. We will certainly be booking ocean view balcony rooms but it worth paying the extra for Jr Suites on both ships? The difference is extra $500 per room. 

3. Both ships have stops in Cococay and Nassau, any recommendations for our group while in Nassau? 

Thank you all in advance! Any and all advice greatly appreciated! 

• teidy changed the title to Navigator or Mariner for Bachelor party group in high 20’s?
11 hours ago, teidy said:

Hey Guys! All and any input greatly appreciated! so I’m looking to book a weekend vacation for 6-8 guys celebrating bachelor party in a month on either the Navigator of the Seas leaving from Miami or the Mariner of the Seas leaving from Orlando. I have 3 basic questions for anyone that’s sailed on both recently since I know they both had some serious renovations.

1. Is there any advantage for guys our age group to book on one vs the other (either based on ship or departing port or ship condition)? 

2. We will certainly be booking ocean view balcony rooms but it worth paying the extra for Jr Suites on both ships? The difference is extra $500 per room. 

3. Both ships have stops in Cococay and Nassau, any recommendations for our group while in Nassau? 

Thank you all in advance! Any and all advice greatly appreciated! 

I agree with Tony. I would totally go with Navigator.. Yes both were just refurbished but they made Navigator extra nice.. The pool deck is so much nicer on Navigator, They upgraded the staterooms on Navigator, The water slides are better on Navigator and I agree Miami is a more fun crowd. Also I would not go with the Junior suites for $500 totally not worth it on a bachelor party cruise. Trust me you will only be in the room to sleep and shower so many other awesome places on the ship to go. 

52 minutes ago, Zacharius said:

Pirate Republic is a decent brewery within a block or two of the dock in Nassau. It's not spectacular by any means, but it's better than you might think the craft brew scene in The Bahamas might be.

Agreed, and after the lack of beer selection on Royal Caribbean, we go simply to mix things up.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Agreed, and after the lack of beer selection on Royal Caribbean, we go simply to mix things up.

Nothing is better than hearing a guy dressed as a pirate talk beer on a pretty decent level.

Outside the place, in full pirate attire: "Rrrrr, ye want a beer matey?!"

Inside the place, same attire: "Yes, this pale is made with fresh simcoe that was cross-pollinated with a delectable mosaic hop, and our own strain of ale yeast. Very floral, some honey and lavender on the back end."

Back outside the place on the way out, same attire: "Rrrrr, get your booty back in here matey, you need some more, rrrrr!"

EDIT: Here's the guy! Super friendly. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pirate+Republic+Brewing/@25.0789483,-77.3420318,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m8!1e2!3m6!1sAF1QipONCi9PcFdjphpEp6e73tVY8Aj1t6n7OGIzmtJ9!2e10!3e12!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipONCi9PcFdjphpEp6e73tVY8Aj1t6n7OGIzmtJ9%3Dw203-h152-k-no!7i4640!8i3480!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x2f8e8ba0de1de131!8m2!3d25.078799!4d-77.342044