$552 for Ulltimate Flowrider Experience

Pima1988

I am loyal to Royal, but to me this is above and beyond nickel and diming.

I checked on my cruise planner today.

Under On Board Activities  Ultimate  Flowrider was there

What I didn't care for was the description.  Please show me how long this excursion lasts?  How many people can partake? 

Overview

Personal one-on-one lessons with our experienced FlowRider instructors are a great way to get more time on the water, master the basics, perfect your form or pick up a few fun tricks! Only Royal Caribbean lets you discover the thrill of surfing on our 40-foot-long wave simulator while at sea. Reserve the FlowRider for your family, friends (even yourself!), and learn how to maneuver with a boogie board, or stand up and hang ten with an exclusive private lesson.

I really feel that before you offer something like this,  should state more.  Flow Riding lesson excursion is 69.  It states it is a group and the duration is 1 hr.  There is none of that for the Ultimate.

Might be just me, but between these new items,  and of course private times for The Key,  it appears to me that either there will be fewer open "FREE" time at the Flowrider, or they are testing to see if there is a pay for market like specialty restaurants.   

I have no bone in this fight.  I will never do the flow rider since I had a full knee replacement when I was 19.  I am just throwing it out there for others that enjoy this amenity.

552 is more than I paid for my cabana at Coco Cay and that is for 8 hrs.

OBTW I did try to do a fake booking.  It only allowed me to do 6 people, but no times were available.  It appeared that the site has yet to finish the reservation program for the Ultimate FlowRider.

I don't think this is anything new except maybe a new name.  You've always been able to book a private Flowrider time for this price.  I could be wrong but I think its only an hour and it isn't prime time, ie they aren't taking away from public hours for this.

With the Key, its private time is only 1 hour over the cruise.  Not really a huge deal except for those who expect more private time for those who purchase the Key.

I have to be honest @monctonguy  I had to click on it because I thought there was an error in pricing...wrong!  Than again when I saw the Thrill cabanas topping out over 1200 I thought that was insane too, especially since I have a tent like that (just plain white) that we take to tailgate at football games or camping.  Plus when we do take it with us, we have more privacy than they are offering.  

I would love to do the overwater cabanas when they are done, but I would need to win the lottery 1st and even than bc I am cheap I don't think I can see spending over 1k for 8 hrs.

The Ultimate Flow Rider Experience has been around for some time now in one shape or another. Technically speaking it is an hour rental of the Flow Rider for just you or your group. I think it also has two price points, one for just basic staff if experienced and another if assistance is needed.

Think same thing for the group sessions. 

Just many of these things are becoming more upfront about availability with the Cruise Planner.

1 hour ago, Pima1988 said:

I have to be honest @monctonguy  I had to click on it because I thought there was an error in pricing...wrong!  Than again when I saw the Thrill cabanas topping out over 1200 I thought that was insane too, especially since I have a tent like that (just plain white) that we take to tailgate at football games or camping.  Plus when we do take it with us, we have more privacy than they are offering.  

I would love to do the overwater cabanas when they are done, but I would need to win the lottery 1st and even than bc I am cheap I don't think I can see spending over 1k for 8 hrs.

And $1200 is totally nuts to spend to have a half tent and  a Cpl bottles of water....I mean  really.....and this is in USD....which for us Canadians is closer to like $1600. Even if you had the $, I don't know why you would spend it on that.....there is no value in that at all for that cost!....smdh.....:63_astonished:

I've done this flowrider experience excursion...  Yes, it is expensive ($552), but was actually cheaper for me in my situation.  What you get is a dedicated one hour session of private time on the flowrider (usually about 8:30PM or so) and it includes two trainers that help you with whatever you want (stand-up surfing or boogie boarding).  I had a family private group of 10 people, and we each got several turns.  $552 / 10 = $55.20 dollars, so per person, it was the better deal (compared to $69 per person each, otherwise).  The trainers were incredibly patient and helpful.  We had an absolute blast doing it!  It was very nice having it exclusively for our family group.

When you purchase it, you can have as many participants in your group as you desire for the one flat rate.

If others have questions about this, ask away!

23 hours ago, monctonguy said:

Kinda crazy they charge the same for 1 person as 10...good deal If you have 10....not such a good deal if you don't have 9 friends ....lol

No different than how they charge for cabanas or bungalows. You'd never in a million years want an Over-the-Water cabana on Labadee if you didn't have a group of at least four people. No idea how many is the max for those Coco Cay cabanas (try saying that quickly five times!), but I imagine it's at least the same situation.