Junior suite guests get:

Priority boarding in the suite line

Double crown & anchor points

Bath robes

Upgraded bathroom products

Tea and coffee in cabin

Silver SeaPass card

Real suite

I think the biggest thing is access to the consierge services and lounge. Free hors d'oeuvre and free drinks every night before dinner and help planning excursions, dinner reservations, show reservations, etc. If we have missed something or gotten closed out of an excursion or show, the consierge can usually make it happen for suite guests.

Also dedicated pool deck seating on some ships

Free pressing of clothing for first formal night.

Nightly free something in your state room. Cookies, strawberries, etc

Fruit basket the first day

Here is the link 

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/enhanced-program-for-suites-guests-v7.pdf

I forgot........ SPACE and MORE  SPACE!

We have only stayed in a Grand Suite once. We were married on the cruise, so we splurged. The extra space is amazing! That said, we didn't use any of the extra services so it isn't worth the extra expense for us to do any time in the near future. We love the Junior Suites. The extra space and double C&A points justify the cost for us.

Full suites also get:

Priority access to tenders for ports where tenders are required

Ability to order room service from the full dining room menu (not limited to the limited (sorry for the double use) room service menu)

Priority debark from the ship as well as special express line at customs

Complimentary Luggage Valet service for airports/airlines that offer this service

Access to a number of ship tours including galley tour, bridge tour and entertainment venue tour

Special reserved seating section for theater shows, aquatheater shows and ice skating seating (for ships that have these, of course)

Full time access to the Coastal Kitchen (Q & O class ships).  JR Suites will have access to the CK for dinners only beginning in May 2016.  For ships that do not have a CK, full suites guests can have breakfast in Chops from a full service menu.  This service seems to vary depending on ship but there will be a special place for Suites guests to eat breakfast on every ship.

The ship's concierge will contact you between 10 and 7 days before your cruise (email) to introduce him/herself to you and arrange for any special needs you might have, including rental of the cabanas in Labadee or CocoCay if your itinerary includes those ports.  Any reservations that you make at this time are charged to your Seapass account; you do not have to prepay them.

They claim you have a number of pillow choices to choose from but I have never been offered this perk nor asked for it.

The suites have sound systems in them although twice my sound system has not worked so this is somewhat hit-and-miss; they usually have upgraded lighting switches/systems with slides that allow you to vary the lighting intensity

Both JR and full suites have a full bathtub, not just the shower. 

We have used the Jr. Suite 3 or 4 times and the Grand Suite once.  The JS perks are nice but most of all more affordable than the upper suites.  One of the features we liked in the JS was the walk in closet which the Grand Suite did not have. In our opinion the JS , with more room and double points, is the way to go compared to the regular balcony cabin.

• 1 month later...

Junior suite guests get:

Priority boarding in the suite line

Double crown & anchor points

Bath robes

Upgraded bathroom products

Tea and coffee in cabin

Silver SeaPass card

Real suite

I think the biggest thing is access to the consierge services and lounge. Free hors d'oeuvre and free drinks every night before dinner and help planning excursions, dinner reservations, show reservations, etc. If we have missed something or gotten closed out of an excursion or show, the consierge can usually make it happen for suite guests.

Also dedicated pool deck seating on some ships

Free pressing of clothing for first formal night.

Nightly free something in your state room. Cookies, strawberries, etc

Fruit basket the first day

Here is the link 

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/enhanced-program-for-suites-guests-v7.pdf

I was just asking about Jr Suites!  I should have looked further before I posted my question.  Thanks for the information as I feel that it will be totally worth it!

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm currently going back and forth about booking a Jr Suite on Allure for winter 2022.  I'd sure love the space ... and a chance to maybe try Coastal Kitchen. But is it worth the extra $1k? (I know, only I can answer that question, lol). MrSpeedNoodles would say no, but he also says "book whatever makes you happy".

We just came off our first ever JS experience from Anthem. We happened to get an incredible price on the NYE sailing, as it's usually waaaay out of our price range.

We *loved* Coastal Kitchen (the filet was magnificent) , the extra space, and the large balcony. It's not worth the price all the time for us, but we may be tempted back if there's a good price for CK access alone. 

14 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I'm currently going back and forth about booking a Jr Suite on Allure for winter 2022.  I'd sure love the space ... and a chance to maybe try Coastal Kitchen. But is it worth the extra $1k? (I know, only I can answer that question, lol). MrSpeedNoodles would say no, but he also says "book whatever makes you happy".

Junior suites also get double C&A points (unless you got the room through Royal Up). Would it be cheaper overall to get the double points with a Jr Suite, or another cruise?  I know loyalty points aren't everything, but just something else to factor in to your decision.

It should really be noted here that some things that are mentioned here are not the same for all ships. As example we have only traveled JS for the past 5 cruises and have never had a walk in closet. The "free" deliveries to your room also depend on the ship AND the room steward you have. As @WAAAYTOOO mentioned Coastal Kitchen access is nice but its not on all ships. I may have missed what ship the OP was looking at but I would probably be more specific about which ship you are looking at so people that have actually traveled on that ship in a JS can give you specific perk info.

2 hours ago, whenismynextcruise said:

It should really be noted here that some things that are mentioned here are not the same for all ships. As example we have only traveled JS for the past 5 cruises and have never had a walk in closet.

Now I'm curious which ship you were on!  I thought the only JS without walk in closets were Majesty and Empress because all the cabins are smaller and on those ships the JS is basically what every other ship calls a balcony.

On 1/12/2020 at 11:17 AM, Atlantix2000 said:

Now I'm curious which ship you were on!  I thought the only JS without walk in closets were Majesty and Empress because all the cabins are smaller and on those ships the JS is basically what every other ship calls a balcony.

Last 2 times were on Anthem. While closet space is plentiful there is no walk in closet. I dont think it varies by cabin but I am not 100% sure about that. We were in 10232 and 11232