Up, Up, and Gone Away!?

SpeedNoodles

I had the helium balloon booked for my December Navigator cruise, and it went on sale today! Yay! So I canceled my booking, went in to rebook it and....

Gone.

It's just gone. It's not that I can't book it, it just isn't there. I checked my Feb Symphony sailing, and it's not there either. I called Royal Caribbean to book directly, and they have no record of it, either.

Now, I know this is just a website glitch. I just hope they fix it while the price is still $24.99!!

3 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I had the helium balloon booked for my December Navigator cruise, and it went on sale today! Yay! So I canceled my booking, went in to rebook it and....

Gone.

It's just gone. It's not that I can't book it, it just isn't there. I checked my Feb Symphony sailing, and it's not there either. I called Royal Caribbean to book directly, and they have no record of it, either.

Now, I know this is just a website glitch. I just hope they fix it while the price is still $24.99!!

GRRRRRRRR

UPDATE: I just finally spoke with someone who got the final word - the helium balloon is no longer available for pre-booking on the cruise planner. They decided that since it was so dependent on the wind that they wouldn't pre book. Anyone who prebooked will keep their reservation. I had prebooked. In the 30 seconds between finding the new price, canceling my booking and trying to rebook they took it out of the cruise planner.

32 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

In the 30 seconds between finding the new price, canceling my booking and trying to rebook they took it out of the cruise planner.

Unbelievable! I guess it makes sense on their end, it’ll likely save them from having to issue many refunds due to wind.

So today would be a great example of why they might have changed the Cruise Planner purchase availability.

All day here at CocoCay has had a stiff breeze. As a result the balloon has been grounded all day. Will also add the pier is doing the job. Waters have been choppy and if tendering was I'm sure the stop would have been cancelled. Think this might have been the case with NCL as their island was empty.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2019 at 10:44 PM, SpeedNoodles said:

UPDATE: I just finally spoke with someone who got the final word - the helium balloon is no longer available for pre-booking on the cruise planner. They decided that since it was so dependent on the wind that they wouldn't pre book. Anyone who prebooked will keep their reservation. I had prebooked. In the 30 seconds between finding the new price, canceling my booking and trying to rebook they took it out of the cruise planner.

Thanks! I'm going to CocoCay in 2020 and I didn't see it my cruise planner either.