Will I make a 12:30 flight on disembarkation?

Curious what the gameplan is considering you want to eat breakfast and catch a flight at 12:30 in ft lauderdale when your at the miami port. When's the latest a person should start to attempt to get off the boat? Carry own luggage or have royal take care of it? All the other flights are around 5:30 which leaves a lot of time with suitcases and no room.

52 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I probably wouldn't try that but if you eat VERY early and carry your own luggage off as soon as they permit self-assist luggage departures you will probably be ok.

Agree with this statement, depending on traffic it is 45-1 hour drive between the 2 locations.

By self disembarkation @WAAAYTOOO is referring to carrying your own luggage off, and if it were me I would start trying to leave the ship by 8am at the latest

Also if you have pre-arranged transportation waiting for you it would help.

I agree I would recommend you do self disembarkation.  Basically you don't put your luggage out the night before and you carry everything off yourself.  Now the bad news.  Maybe it was just me but on our most recent cruise in April it seeemed like more people are choosing this option.  So basically a line starts forming very early for us that was about an hour before the advised time shown in the cruise compass.  Also our experience is there is very little organization to the process.  Your generally directed to where the line might start.  But there is no segregation of those trying to catch early flights vs folks that just want off early.  We followed several families down the gangway only to see them picked up by a local realative.  This is of course their choice.  Just be aware and take your patience pill.