best excursion for st thomas

jamie forbes

im curious about which excursion would be best for me and my wife to take on st thomas. we would like to be able also have time to go do some shopping before we have to get on ship and also do any of you any suggestions if it would be better to take our own snorkeling equipment and just find a nice beach to go out on instead of purchasing an excursion and if so which beach would be best

I personally would never purchase an excursion there. It's so easy to do your own thing, even to go over to St. John depending on how much time you have (With an 8am to 5pm port day, I could justify up to four hours on a beach in St. John with enough buffer to make it back to the ship without concern). Depending on the beach, they may have snorkel equipment to rent (Trunk Bay on St. John, for example, does).

It's the United States, they speak the language, they use the currency you're familiar with...easy peasy to do it on your own, in my opinion.

(This assumes you're American, of course)