Taxis at Port everglades?

Not sure that booking something ahead of time would even help.  I had a similar situation a few years back and made a reservation for a van (traveling with a large group).  The van never showed up and we ended up having to take a number of taxis in the end !  I got a refund on the van fee but it was very frustrating and the group I was with said "NEVER AGAIN" !  I recommend just hailing a taxi.  There will be PLENTY of them and the airport is a very short ride from PE.

Flights to NYC are actually decent right now for Labor day weekend.  I was shocked to see that today.  

Labor Day weekend is not that big of a travel weekend for vacations because most kids are back in school and no one is planning a family vacation for the first weeks of school.

We just got back to Port Everglades yesterday.  If I recall there was a max rate per pax schedule of $25 to MIA, and maybe $15 to FLL?  Don't hold me to that.  Again, the sign was listing the max charges.  Port Everglades and FLL are right next to each other, so the time navigating the port and airport will likely be equal to the actual drive time.  If you want to get a cab right at the port you'll find plenty of cabs ready and waiting.  Uber is indeed available, but Uber having access to the port and airport is a bit of a new thing in Broward Country, so not all drivers know how to tackle this.  My wife met me at the port and the first Uber didn't think he could go there and cancelled.  When leaving, the first two drivers cancelled when they got to security (another driver explained they probably didn't know how to show the electronic credentials to the port security), but the third had no issue.  I live ~30 min from the port, and cabs in South Florida are very pricey, so I'd have taken a cab to a nearby restaurant and requested an Uber from there if the last driver hadn't worked out.  In the end, the multiple drivers issue cost us an extra 10 mins or so, but wasn't a big deal.

Do you remember about how much you paid?

Yep. We stayed at the W which is about a 15 minute drive. We had 2 vehicles. A lux suv which ran $47 (suburban to hold our 7 duffle bags lol) and a lux car (actually turned out to be a small Lexus suv) and it was $23. We used new user codes to get $20 off each ride