Jamie Oliver's Restaurant Chains Collapse

2 hours ago, firebuck said:

Story from the BBC  I haven't read anywhere that this will affect the Jamie's on the ships, (this is mostly his land-based chains in the UK) but if they are eventually affected, hopefully they still keep the cheesecake with meringue recipe handy! ?

Interesting timing. New Oasis Amp details show they are sticking with Giovanni’s Table in place of retrofitting a Jamie’s Italian. Coincidence? 

I'd be surprised if this impacts the ship versions, as they're mostly just licensened branding stocked with RC employees, not standalone restaurants that belong to Oliver's (now shuttered) chain. While I know the signature chefs keep an eye on the RC installations, I'm sure they're separate from their own businesses.

A reminder this doesn't affect overseas operations

Jamie Oliver's Fifteen Cornwall at Watergate Bay, which operates under a franchise, is unaffected. The international restaurants trading as Jamie's Italian, Jamie's Pizzeria and Jamie's Deli will also continue to trade as normal.

Eventually I don’t see Royal Caribbean keeping the restaurants in his name. Make take awhile but if the brand suffers, I’m sure something else will replace the name at least. Might be the same food. Unless of course the recipes are his 

6 hours ago, Oliver said:

Eventually I don’t see Royal Caribbean keeping the restaurants in his name. Make take awhile but if the brand suffers, I’m sure something else will replace the name at least. Might be the same food. Unless of course the recipes are his 

Royal may be in the process as we speak, if not a topic of discussing, parting ways & replacing it with another named venue.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a cruise booked on Symphoney in 330 days, Jamie's is the only dining to have been available for reservation this far out, and it appear only a few days after this was announced.  I was wondering if there was some relationship, maybe them trying to bring in extra money in their current situation.