1st timer and have a handicap child - questions/advice

JRA

On 5/26/2019 at 11:58 AM, JRA said:

Thanks for all the great info !!!!!

1.) Yes he will require a lift for the pool so is the Solarium pools are for adults/young adults ?

2.)Yes I was concerned about a tour depending on the accessible stops . I assume the bus has a lift ? Anything great or must see near the Nassua port ?

I agree on CocoCay .We will at least will enjoy a meal there  , look around .

3.)The shows how a great chance of being enjoyable to him , ill know more when they are posted.Great to hear about the family restrooms , they will be a help.

4.) North Star is on our list.

5.)  In regards to our room we booked a acessible one and from pictures ive seen the bathroom will do well for him. 

6.)Looking forward to the staff helping .

Thanks for the great info there , it really helps !

Re-- accessible tours -- go to the excursion section of cruise planner, & click on accessible excursions.  They should indicate exactly how accessible they are.  My DD can get out of her chair & climb into a van (with assistance), so they just stored her chair. I believe you can contact the excursions dept if you have specific questions about it. Some excursions specify that the person must be able to walk a little, some restrict wheelchairs to manual/folding, so it would be best if you checked ahead of time.  Re: pools -- Solarium is for 16 & up. We didn't bother with the lift because DD doesn't stay in long enough to make it worthwhile, & I didn't care to use it myself.  They are extremely accommodating, so go for it if you think he'll want to do it. She wouldn't have been able to do IFLY (prior scoliosis surgery), but it won't hurt to check onboard.

Hope you all have a wonderful time!!!