Nextcruise

That is correct. If the travel agent you want to use for that cruise is the one you used for the cruise you will be on then you don’t have to do anything. If you used a different travel agent or no travel agent, you need to bring your agent’s information to Next Cruise and I recommend telling them at the start that you want to assign it to a different agent. If that’s the case, I’d recommend asking your agent what information of theirs you need to give Next Cruise in order for them to get credit for the booking. That serves 2 purposes. 1. You get the correct info 2. It gives them a heads up to keep an eye out for that booking on their end. 

54 minutes ago, spiralqueen said:

That is correct. If the travel agent you want to use for that cruise is the one you used for the cruise you will be on then you don’t have to do anything. If you used a different travel agent or no travel agent, you need to bring your agent’s information to Next Cruise and I recommend telling them at the start that you want to assign it to a different agent. If that’s the case, I’d recommend asking your agent what information of theirs you need to give Next Cruise in order for them to get credit for the booking. That serves 2 purposes. 1. You get the correct info 2. It gives them a heads up to keep an eye out for that booking on their end. 

I believe you have a certain amount of time (I'm thinking 30 days) to transfer if you dont have all the TA's information handy.

Thanks to all! We usually haven't found too many benefits for booking on NextCruise but a decreased deposit and maybe some OBC would be nice since the deposits have gotten so incredibly high. Remember when you could book a cruise for $50 pp? It wasn't too long ago! And it was refundable.

10 hours ago, Mljstr said:

Thanks to all! We usually haven't found too many benefits for booking on NextCruise but a decreased deposit and maybe some OBC would be nice since the deposits have gotten so incredibly high. Remember when you could book a cruise for $50 pp? It wasn't too long ago! And it was refundable.

Just note that if you do book with NextCruise and grab some nice deals (like OBC) ... IF you change your reservation with your TA later on for some reason, then you run the risk of possibly losing the benefits of the deal - other than a low deposit.

1 hour ago, TheHobbys said:

Just note that if you do book with NextCruise and grab some nice deals (like OBC) ... IF you change your reservation with your TA later on for some reason, then you run the risk of possibly losing the benefits of the deal - other than a low deposit.

This is only true if it’s additional OBC from something like a Wow Sale. The OBC that comes from booking a non-refundable sailing at Next Cruise will survive repricing. If it happens to drop, it is a mistake and something you should make sure your TA corrects. This is from an email with Michelle at MEI when she was repricing a sailing I had booked through Next Cruise The price is lower so I adjusted it down for you but the $100 onboard credit fell off -   I am going to call them because it should remain with the onboard bookings. -if not remind me - and I'll cover it myself” (NB: She was able to get them to reinstate it since it was their mistake) This is also a sailing that I completely changed the sail date and ship within the 30 day window (now 60) and the NextCruise OBC survived that change. 

12 minutes ago, TheHobbys said:

Good to know @spiralqueen.  Will need to maybe get something in writing about any benefits that should carry over if a repricing is done ? 

The closest you will get anything about the program in writing is the below link where @Matt gave a great breakdown on the program:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2019/05/13/royal-caribbean-offering-book-two-months-later-option-nextcruise

4 hours ago, TheHobbys said:

3 hours ago, spiralqueen said:

This is only true if it’s additional OBC from something like a Wow Sale. The OBC that comes from booking a non-refundable sailing at Next Cruise will survive repricing. If it happens to drop, it is a mistake and something you should make sure your TA corrects. This is from an email with Michelle at MEI when she was repricing a sailing I had booked through Next Cruise The price is lower so I adjusted it down for you but the $100 onboard credit fell off -   I am going to call them because it should remain with the onboard bookings. -if not remind me - and I'll cover it myself” (NB: She was able to get them to reinstate it since it was their mistake) This is also a sailing that I completely changed the sail date and ship within the 30 day window (now 60) and the NextCruise OBC survived that change. 

I can second what @spiralqueen said.  I booked with Next Cruise back in March.  I asked the agent this question specifically because I know that I move things around often.  Since then I have transferred to a TA, re-priced, and moved categories from the original March booking.  The original $300 OBC remains.