I miss the...

FManke

With all the talk by some of the demise of the MDR as compared to what it used to be.

Is there a favorite dish that you miss from days gone by in the MDR or other restaurants?

What dish would to start a revolt over if they ever got rid of it? 

@Matt? Spaghetti Bolognese?

I always enjoy the escargot, but I'm not so sure I'd start a mutiny over them.

42 minutes ago, FManke said:

With all the talk by some of the demise of the MDR as compared to what it used to be.

Is there a favorite dish that you miss from days gone by in the MDR or other restaurants?

For me its not the particular dish they used to make its the QUALITY of the food.. The quality used to be just so much better. They used better quality ingredients and food just tasted better. 

I 100% agree with @AGSLC5...It is the quality the has suffered the most.  I first noticed it in 2016 after a long dry dock (7 years) from Royal.  It has not improved in the 3 years since then.  Another thing that I miss dearly are the Loving Cups and how they used to come around after dinner with them.

42 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Just ask about them on day one and they'll appear for the rest of the cruise.

We do My Time Dining, so not the same table/waiter each night.  May be worth doing traditional dining just one sailing to have them again! 

On 5/19/2019 at 4:17 PM, FManke said:

I still use the MDR, but on my last cruise on Majesty my hubby and I were sat at a table for 8 and no other guests ever showed up at our set time. We felt lost on that table! 

We are trying my time dining on our next cruise in July and will see what that's like. 

It does feel like RC are pushing the speciality dining hard at the expense of the MDR....

On 5/20/2019 at 2:29 PM, JennyB said:

+1

Add two to the savory bites!! Wife and I were looking forward to them on Anthem in March, and were majorly disappointed when we found out that they were request only.  Unfortunately they did not have them, and definitely did not have them in CK.  

Guest toodle68

Every time we cruise, we notice a decline in the MDR experience. We just got off Anthem and had a crappy experience the first night. We ended up being seated near a waiter station and it felt like grand central station. We (as always) asked for our food to not come out on top of each course and was told the table was needed at 8pm. That was over an hour away so we said we had plenty of time and please dont bring out our food quickly. Well, they did.. last bite of salad and entree was there etc. We complained and got a call from the assistant manager who looked after us on the following night and we had a great experience, but that should be the norm, not the exception.  I think in future we are just going to order 1 item at a time and see what happens.

The menu choices also seems to have declined and the quality of food. The caesar salad on this cruise was bland. The tomato soup tasted watered down. The upside down pineapple cake and molten chocolate cake were dry and we could not finish them. The table next to ours complained about how dry the fish was.

I'm not ready to give up on the MDR yet, but if that 'experience' ever totally goes away, I will certainly look closer at other cruise lines.