Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, WaterBaby said:

Is this something that is only offered on the ship on day 4 ?

My first cruise coming up and this sounds like a good deal

Unfortunately the drinks card is illusive. You never know if your sailing will offer it or not.  So you really can’t count on it being offered on your sailing. It’s a crap shoot.

Link to post
Share on other sites

99% certain the card has to be used on the cruise it is purchased on, never purchased one to be sure though.

The card is a "last ditch" sales tool they use mid-cruise to try and pump up the alcohol sales if they are down, so they try not to use it unless they have to. Would be surprised if they would bring it out early on request but you never know if you dont ask.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jticarruthers said:

99% certain the card has to be used on the cruise it is purchased on, never purchased one to be sure though.

The card is a "last ditch" sales tool they use mid-cruise to try and pump up the alcohol sales if they are down, so they try not to use it unless they have to. Would be surprised if they would bring it out early on request but you never know if you dont ask.

That's my guess as well...but as you said, you won't know if you dont ask.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it depends on how well the alcohol sales are going if the 10 drink card becomes available.  I have seen it in the Cruise Compass on Tuesday night, which is for Wednesday on a cruise that started on Sunday.  It was not available before then.

 

I have cruised on Allure and Harmony since the cards have become available, and only two of my cruises have had it available.  They were both Allure in Jan of 2017 and 2018.  In June and July the card was not available.  On Harmony in Jan 2019 it was not available but there was a large group onboard so I don't know if that made a difference.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2019 at 2:25 PM, Mr. Candyman said:

Has anyone ever inquired about the 10 drink package earlier than when the advertise it?

Yes, I have approached bartenders and asked to purchase the drink card?  I was told they can't sell it before it's advertised and that even if they did it would not do me any good since again no bartender would honor it before it's advertised.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2019 at 2:25 PM, Mr. Candyman said:

Has anyone ever inquired about the 10 drink package earlier than when the advertise it?  I never knew about it but now that I do, I plan on asking when we sail in September.

Yes, I have. There's no flexibility with getting it early. Until it gets advertised onboard, it's not for sale and most of the time the bar staff have no clue if it will appear or not.

On 5/19/2019 at 2:12 PM, Ken23 said:

Does anyone know, on my last cruise (on Majesty) I purchased a 5 drink card.  But only had 3 drinks. 

I kept the card...can it be used on another sailing, on another ship?

You cannot use it on another sailing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SolariumSnoozer said:

Yes, I have approached bartenders and asked to purchase the drink card?  I was told they can't sell it before it's advertised and that even if they did it would not do me any good since again no bartender would honor it before it's advertised.

 

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Yes, I have. There's no flexibility with getting it early. Until it gets advertised onboard, it's not for sale and most of the time the bar staff have no clue if it will appear or not.

You cannot use it on another sailing.

Thank you both!.  Those were the type of answers I've been looking for.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...